• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wow (Ebay Related)

25 posts in this topic

Honestly I do not much travel this forum, I hang in the....selling forum, or occasional Modern.

Honestly, no I heard of Milehigh from way back in the days I think they advertised in a full page ad that was yellow in the 80's or 90's????

I just got back in the hobby in June and really have not fully got versed in the who is bad stuff.

the Book is Iron Man 128 for 49.95 or something supposedly N/M

If Mile High advertises a book as NM/M, it is probably a VF at best. And this is from experience.

So I found a book that I been looking for, at a pretty low price compared to what I see it sell for. So I ask the seller who used what appears to be a stock photo and advertised as N/M.

Now I been burned before on "N/M" so as what I usually do in these cases is ask for a front and back cover scan of actual book, I figuire this is pretty standard and I really have never got a seller refuse to do so.....until now.

The seller responded

"Sorry but we can't do scans of each item. We have over 7,000,000 comics in stock at any one time and it is impractical to scan them all. The scan we show on e-bay is a representative image of the issue and can be of any grade. Please check our website www.milehighcomics.com for our grading standards. If you get the book and don't think the grading is right. You can send it back for a replacement or refund."

But thats not the point I do not want to buy a book, tie up money, get a book that is not N/M and then send it back for "replacement" or maybe a "refund"

Am I being to picky here? How hard is it to do a scan of a book? I just do not feel comfortable buying a book that I cannot at least get a scan of.

This was the last time I bought from Chuck................I am banned from buying from them because I got upset over their grading standards

352162300.jpg

I am glad I posted this, He also has the Host Rider 22 Skrull variant for 10.50 a little Overpriced but after reading the comments, I do not feel like I want to play pin the tail on the NM comic.

Why not ask in the WTB forum, there are several of us LCS owners here who could probably hook you up w/variants for less than Chuck would.