• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's mysterious "Grading Standards"...

105 posts in this topic

Where is PGX grading standards? Let's compare comics to comics.

Utter bollocks.

Let's compare Barneys to Walmart, shall we? :screwy:

The various positions taken by the grading authorities across a range of comparible collectibles is 100% relevant.

Comparing an internationally recognised organisation with a mom and pop store isn't. (tsk)

The PGX comment was tongue in cheek. Has everyone really lost their sense of humor? (Translation for our Canadian friends: Has everyone really lost their sense of humour, eh?)

Fixed it for you

Oooh, didn't see that one coming.

Now, that's humour. :D

Utter bollocks.

The various positions taken by the grading authorities across a range of comparible collectibles is 100% relevant.

Comparing an internationally recognised organisation with a mom and pop store isn't. (tsk)

The PGX comment was tongue in cheek. Has everyone really lost their sense of humor? (Translation for our Canadian friends: Has everyone really lost their sense of humour?)

However, I don't believe the collectibles are comparable. There is more involved in grading comic books than little toy soldiers or cards with wax and gum stuck to them.

'tongue in cheek'? hm

Let's just say that you didn't give us any hints. meh

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humor in which a statement is not meant to be taken seriously, but its lack of seriousness is subtle.

I have cut back on graemlin posting. It has its drawbacks.

I picked up on it, thats why I made my cereal box joke that nobody laughed at.

:cry:

Utter bollocks.

The PGX comment was tongue in cheek. Has everyone really lost their sense of humor? (Translation for our Canadian friends: Has everyone really lost their sense of humour, eh?)

Fixed it for you

Oooh, didn't see that one coming.

Now, that's humour. :D

I would take it personally, but I'm not that self-centrered.

Self-centred.

Self-centre'd.

Self-centre-ed.

this, I'm moving.

Utter bollocks.

The PGX comment was tongue in cheek. Has everyone really lost their sense of humor? (Translation for our Canadian friends: Has everyone really lost their sense of humour?)

However, I don't believe the collectibles are comparable. There is more involved in grading comic books than little toy soldiers or cards with wax and gum stuck to them.

'tongue in cheek'? hm

Let's just say that you didn't give us any hints. meh

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humor in which a statement is not meant to be taken seriously, but its lack of seriousness is subtle.

I have cut back on graemlin posting. It has its drawbacks.

I picked up on it, thats why I made my cereal box joke that nobody laughed at.

:cry:

We were lauging on the inside, Kenny. We were laughing on the inside.

This notion that they are protecting some kind of trade secret is just crazy.

Is it crazy? Or has CGC created the only semi-universally accepted grading system? If you were inspecting homes or cars or anything else and had created a successful brand, would you publish your standards so knock-off artists could get a leg up? They don't care whether you or anyone else can grade to their standards. Why should they? They are in business to get people to send their books to them, not to teach people how to grade.

Zactly.

I see you didn't read JC's post, nice of you to side step that. Also, if the 2003 quotes from CGC are true then you can put a fork in this notion/excuse about "not teaching people how to grade". Anyways this thread has been played out but I think we can forever bury the "secret sauce" defense once and for all.