• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.I. Joe #21 Original Art From Another Perspective

47 posts in this topic

sign-offtopic.gif

Kinda reminds me of last week when there was a thread in the WC about the show "Survivor" and I revealed that John's grandmother had never died and that it was a ruse...problem is...the show hadn't aired on the west coast yet... foreheadslap.gif

I'd love to talk about more Modern stuff books but afraid of the repercussions in an accidental spoiler or two frown.gif I just have no control!

Just put SPOILERS in the title and go nuts!

Yup, with the disclaimer in the title feel free to chat away.

Oh cmon, why are YOU so upset? SInce this started, Gene's posts (while well-written and very self-controlled which is a bonus on these crazy boards) have increasingly become defensive. I was willing to let it go with what Joanna spoke of as different interests for different collectors. Its just that this last article proved nothing, and, opened up the line of thought I asked about.

If the expert opinion says its worth half what he paid. either the expert doesnt know what he is talking about (in which case why should we believe any of the rest of the article?), or Gene paid way over market value.

And, Im not jealous. Not of the purchase price, his ability to pay it, or (of course) of the collectible in question. I'm what is so lovingly referred to as a BSD myself... and what still doesnt ring true is anyone (even deep pockets Gene) throwing so much hard-earned money into acquiring a collectible and shouting that all the rest of us are making the mistake of our lives with OUR purchases.

What does BSD stand for? confused-smiley-013.gif

Timely