• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does your wife know how much you spend on comics ????

Does Your Wife/Girlfriend/Partner Know How Much You Spend On Comics Per Annum ?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Does Your Wife/Girlfriend/Partner Know How Much You Spend On Comics Per Annum ?

29 posts in this topic

Following on from a couple of related financial polls, the only issue that really counts:-

I'm expecting a large (unanimous ?) majority for the second option.

How many of you disclose how much you actually spend on comics to your significant other, but justify it by using words like "investment" and "huge rates of return"

.....and then come on to these boards to post or read about the impending doom of the market.....?

I do. hi.gif

Me too hi.gif

I go a bit further...I characterize the time I spend on these boards as "market research" and "networking" to improve my ability to "liquidate inventory" and "make better business decisions." It's all a bunch of BS at this point, I've never sold a comic in my life, except one to clobberintime. One day, however, I might grow up to be a dealing collector--or maybe even a collecting dealer--and all of my time-wasting activities might actually come in handy!!! acclaim.gif

How many of you disclose how much you actually spend on comics to your significant other, but justify it by using words like "investment" and "huge rates of return"

.....and then come on to these boards to post or read about the impending doom of the market.....?

I do. hi.gif

Me too hi.gif

I go a bit further...I characterize the time I spend on these boards as "market research" and "networking" to improve my ability to "liquidate inventory" and "make better business decisions." It's all a bunch of BS at this point, I've never sold a comic in my life, except one to clobberintime. One day, however, I might grow up to be a dealing collector--or maybe even a collecting dealer--and all of my time-wasting activities might actually come in handy!!! acclaim.gif

Got to admit....I do the same. I tell her that we will get our money back one day and I have never sold anything in my life. She knows what goes on (cause she ain't dumb). She really encourages the whole comic thing though because the two boys love it.

My wife buys comics also!!!

She bought a very nice high grade copy of Strange Tales #101 a while back.

Actually I bought my wife a CGC 7.5 Flash 93. Since she's a violinist, I thought she would like the cover of the Flash 93 featuring the Fiddler playing the violin. She absolutely loved it. Otherwise, she doesn't mind me buying comics and trusts that won't mortgage our home to buy them.

I'm single. However, when I do get married I'm planning on keeping my high end books secret. At least until the coast is clear. wink.gif

In all seriousness, I think this is the opposite thing that you need to do. Let her know up front, or at least when you start to get serious that comics are an important part of your life, and thus a financial priority and that you intend on it staying that way. If you keep it a sectret, she is more likely to be upset when she finds out and have a problem with it. If she knows from the beginning, she'll grow to accept it up front, or not. And if not, then you just learned a very important thing about her, that she does not respect your interests and or hobby/business.