• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**SOLD OUT** Guess the PRESSED Slab!!! **SOLD OUT**

49 posts in this topic

I just sent a reversed Priority Box first class for under $10.00 to Canada :gossip:

Just curious, did it go by "air" ?? Wondering because I've never been able to send to Canada for less than $23 (shrug) is it perhaps because I'm all the way in New Mexico??

I just sent a reversed Priority Box first class for under $10.00 to Canada :gossip:

first class is the way to go

Well, if I'm up feeding the baby, I might as well check the Boards, right?

I might be able to shave $5 off with normal Priority (not Flat Rate) but I don't know.

first class is the way to go

Rules changes January 2009 and you can only send First Class International up to 4 lbs. Anything after that weight must go either Priority International or Express Mail.

:sorry:

Priority mail from Orlando to Cananda runs about $21 and $9 for First Class International if you keep you package less than 2 lbs. Go over the 2 lb. mark and it will be about $1.50 more for each one.

If it isn't an expensive book FCI works fine. (no insurance available), and only takes a couple of days more. The shipper is burdened with finding a suitable box though. Unless, you want to steal from the PO, like NIk. :baiting:

I would imagine even from South Florida, or anywher in the country, it couldn't much more.

Priority mail from Orlando to Cananda runs about $21 and $9 for First Class International if you keep you package less than 2 lbs.

This is why I think I can shave $5 off.

Mike, how much would one slab weigh & cost to ship from Central Florida to Canada in a standard Priority BOX (not Flat Rate)?

$21 right?

If you use an old USPS box inside out, you are just recycling! How can the PO argue with an environmentally friendly shipper?!

I agree with your thought process, but found out the hard way each Post Master is allowed to operate within the rules the USPS sets. So if someone want to enforce it extensively, they get you due to this statement on the box.

"This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for the use in sending Priority Mail."

Then they can charge whatever they want within reason, because right below that statement it ends with:

"Misuse may be a violation of federal law."

It's BS, but they get you with that last sentence.