• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TALES TO ASTONISH #27

9 posts in this topic

If anyone could lend an opinion I would appreciate it. I'm just getting back into comics heavy and need to fill some holes, something I should have done twenty years ago before prices went nuclear. Theres a Tales to Astonish #27 on E-bay right now. Its a CGC 4.5. The seller is asking $800.00. That doesnt seem like a bad price. I know alot of the guys on these boards know these prices in and out. Any thoughts. Thanks! (worship)

DRX

The book your looking at has Cream to Off White pages. That is probably why the book has not sold so far. But if that PQ on this grade/book doesn't bother you. I would say $800 is a pretty good deal. But I would probably send him a e-mail via Ebay with a slightly lower offer.

There is no harm is trying after all. I'd mention the PQ in the e-mail as well. In a very polite way of course. Offer the seller $750 and see what they say. If the PQ was better. This book would of all ready been sold by now most likely.. Good Luck and keep us posted.

..and if it's a c/ow off white pager that still doesn't mean anything bad...some c/ow page books look just as nice as other o/w or ow/w page books...

R.

some c/ow page books look just as nice as other o/w or ow/w page books...

R.

Except they have C/OW pages...

Jim

You mean they had c/ow pages on the day it was graded but may grade an o/w the following day or it may not.

I've cracked quite a few books and although CGC is much more consistent now they didn't used to be.

I cracked a GA book that was graded as light tan/off white and it was basically pure white in the middle with only a tiny thin (I'm talking just a couple of millimetres) strip of light tan. It was barely visible.

R.

some c/ow page books look just as nice as other o/w or ow/w page books...

R.

Except they have C/OW pages...

Jim

You mean they had c/ow pages on the day it was graded but may grade an o/w the following day or it may not.

I've cracked quite a few books and although CGC is much more consistent now they didn't used to be.

I cracked a GA book that was graded as light tan/off white and it was basically pure white in the middle with only a tiny thin (I'm talking just a couple of millimetres) strip of light tan. It was barely visible.

R.

(thumbs u

You need to actually see the slab first hand to make that determination though. When buying on-line from a scan the book may be closer to cream than the other way around so you generally have to take CGC's word for it...

Jim