• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone Has Tried To Register One Of My Books....

22 posts in this topic

I just had an email through from CGC saying the following:

Hello Boozad

We just received a request by Tical to add the comic with certification #3124864001 ( Title: All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder; Issue: 1 ) to their Comic Registry collection.

Since a comic can only be owned by a single person, the comic will be removed from your Comic Registry collection.

If this comic should be transferred to Tical, please follow this link: Accept Transfer

If this comic should NOT be transferred to Tical, please follow this link: Reject Transfer

Please contact gadel@cgccomics.com with any questions or concerns you may have.

Comic Registry Processing System

Collectors Society

I haven't sold the book, and can only assume they have taken the number from a scan I have posted on one website or another. I followed the reject link and added an explanation, but it tells me that the book has been added to this persons registry anyway, whoever they are.

Has anybody had this happen before? And if so what should I do about it? Thanks in advance for any help (thumbs u

I've actually managed to re-register the book with no problems, but I will email Gemma with a scan anyway to prove the book is definitely mine (skynwalker can vouch for that!) and to oust the cert thief!

Hey Pat!

Hows things buddy? I havent been around for a while for one reason or another - one of which is extremely painful! I'll PM you details of that.

Hell, if you wanted my cert numbers just ask, just because I'm gonna catch you up soon... ;) (thumbs u

Hey Pat!

Hows things buddy? I havent been around for a while for one reason or another - one of which is extremely painful! I'll PM you details of that.

Hell, if you wanted my cert numbers just ask, just because I'm gonna catch you up soon... ;) (thumbs u

Catch up to me??? I may not have broken the 400's yet. But I also have half a box of slabs waiting to be added in May before the registry awards haha. But dont sweat it, you may catch up to me soon enough, I add alot of copper/moderns they arent worth squat for points. But the amount of them in one set makes a BIG difference. I will have to check out your registry my friend.

I havent moved anywhere since Xmas, but I do have a few big books coming to add to the sets. I won't catch you for a long time mate!

I just received an email from the user who tried to register the book saying they inserted the wrong Cert number. Accidents happen I suppose!

Hello Boozad

We just received a request by Tical to add the comic with certification #3124864001 ( Title: All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder; Issue: 1 ) to their Comic Registry collection.

Since a comic can only be owned by a single person, the comic will be removed from your Comic Registry collection.

If this comic should be transferred to Tical, please follow this link: Accept Transfer

If this comic should NOT be transferred to Tical, please follow this link: Reject Transfer

Collectors Society

I haven't sold the book, and can only assume they have taken the number from a scan I have posted on one website or another. I followed the reject link and added an explanation, but it tells me that the book has been added to this persons registry anyway, whoever they are.

Has anybody had this happen before? And if so what should I do about it? Thanks in advance for any help (thumbs u

Well...that's a helluva lot easier than actually trying to acquire the book... :devil:

that was actually how I tracked down my stolen detectives... the owner tried to register them!

Holy mess! No way! Serves him right!

What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

I hate thieves. :mad:

Hello Boozad

Collectors Society

Not the first time either ;)

Hello Boozad

Collectors Society

If you reject the transfer, there's no way the book gets added to the other persons registry set.

Some people add books to their set after they buy them on eBay but before the actually receive them. Some sellers use the same scan for multiple copies of a graded book so you do not really get the book shown in the listing.

Combine the two and you can have someone register a book that you own.

I've had it happen twice, once with a respected member of this forum when both of us the same slabbed issue of Defenders from Mile High.

Just refuse the transfer. No big deal.