• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Anyone notice the Tenpenny Funnies #1-8 that sold at Heritage in May for over $1,300?

What are those?

Comics Peter Laird drew while in school. If memory serves me, one of the characters in them was Wyrm, but he was a good guy. I've never seen them,or even a scan of them so I guess they are pretty rare.

Anyone notice the Tenpenny Funnies #1-8 that sold at Heritage in May for over $1,300?

What are those?

Comics Peter Laird drew while in school. If memory serves me, one of the characters in them was Wyrm, but he was a good guy. I've never seen them,or even a scan of them so I guess they are pretty rare.

Very cool. were they mass printed at a later time?

I lost out, thought my bid was enough...sad now...

You think thats expensive? You should check out the sellers first feedback!

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Original Art (#180097047814) US $250,099.00"

If I remember correctly thats when Kevin or Peter sold the original artwork for the entire TMNT 1 issue. Quite frankly I would definitely rather have that than a copy of action 1 or detective 27.

Found a cool TMNT related comic this week at WWChicago...

Independent Comic Book Sampler #1

I am sure you diehards already have it, but was a cool find with Flaming Carrot and TMNT pin-ups in the book!

sounds interesting. more info please.

Here are some pics of Independent Comic Sampler 2. Apparently there were at least 2 editions of issues 1 and 2: green (ltd to 50), black (limited to 4000). I don't have #1 (if anyone knows where I can get #1, let me know).

Also found an interesting piece of info: the TMNT ad says that the first TMNT TPB had a print run of 5000. I have been looking for that info for a while.

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

You think thats expensive? You should check out the sellers first feedback!

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Original Art (#180097047814) US $250,099.00"

If I remember correctly thats when Kevin or Peter sold the original artwork for the entire TMNT 1 issue. Quite frankly I would definitely rather have that than a copy of action 1 or detective 27.

If you can't find original art you can always use this... :whee:

TMNT001-1.jpg

I picked up this print at Baltimore Comic Con today. Artist is Sunny Lee.

TMNTSunnyLee-1.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

Thanks for the info. What year did that come out?

I think it's unpublished art. It was a sketch from his sketchbook that he blew up to "print" size. (thumbs u

I thought they were in line with (maybe 10% below) the last pair that sold via Heritage, so maybe they've found their price.

But note that last week copies were 50-60% below the copies that sold in Heritage in February.