• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,394 posts in this topic

Here's a blast from the past, original comic book store sticker, on one of the first prints, a "well loved" copy.

Can you see the original price behind it?

Makes me wish I could go back in time :insane:

tmnt_ss_5_1_d.jpg

Here's a blast from the past, original comic book store sticker, on one of the first prints, a "well loved" copy.

tmnt_ss_5_1_d.jpg

Yikes! What store was putting stickers on the actual book! Even in 1984 that must have been a major no-no!

Hey jaybuck43,

Nice to see you're only about a mile away from me. I'm in downtown JC. :)

I basically grew up in Hoboken, and went to school there from 5th to 12th grade. I spent plenty of my youth there, and that's where I used to bring my comic books to trade with my friends.

About the selling question... I'll PM you soon, there might be a chance we can work something out.

I don't usually buy prints, but I thought these were awesome. The artist is Jason Flowers. They arrived today and look awesome. Both are 11x17.

Here is his site: The Art of Jason Flowers

He's got more TMNT stuff at the site, but these are the 2 I picked up.

TMNTLeo_zpsa24acbe2.jpgTMNTswipe_zpsbec25867.jpg

I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of these prints. I love the TMNT 1 cover recreations. How is his shipping? Is the paper stock good?

I don't usually buy prints, but I thought these were awesome. The artist is Jason Flowers. They arrived today and look awesome. Both are 11x17.

Here is his site: The Art of Jason Flowers

He's got more TMNT stuff at the site, but these are the 2 I picked up.

TMNTLeo_zpsa24acbe2.jpgTMNTswipe_zpsbec25867.jpg

I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of these prints. I love the TMNT 1 cover recreations. How is his shipping? Is the paper stock good?

+1 on both counts!

Prints were shipped inbetween sturdy cardboard, with a ninja turtle head sketch saying "please don't bend" on the outside. Paper quality is good too. If you like em, go for it! (thumbs u

I picked up the redtoned version of the issue 1 cover. I may grab a couple more after I receive this one.

Now I just need to find a reasonably priced copy of the Nickelodeon poster from last year's SDCC. hm

tmnt_ss_5_1_d.jpg

what a great picture lol

somebody made a whole extra quarter on that!

Pretty sure this was before comic book bags were invented?

I know I've seen a few of TMNT #1 (different printings) with the sticker on the back, DIRECTLY on the comic. :mad:

Does anyone remember the stores that did that?

I wonder if there are evil ninja turtles waiting in hell for them... :wishluck:

tmnt_ss_5_1_d.jpg

what a great picture lol

somebody made a whole extra quarter on that!

Hey jaybuck43,

Nice to see you're only about a mile away from me. I'm in downtown JC. :)

I basically grew up in Hoboken, and went to school there from 5th to 12th grade. I spent plenty of my youth there, and that's where I used to bring my comic books to trade with my friends.

About the selling question... I'll PM you soon, there might be a chance we can work something out.

Wanna spread some of that Jersey love around? :baiting:

Wanna spread some of that Jersey love around? :baiting:

You know us NJites get no love! :luhv: Got to keep it in-state :P

Comic book bags had been around for over 20 years. The fact it was magazine sized is more likely the reason (different size bag needed)

TMNT were almost 30 years ago! Makes me feel pretty old... hm

Been waiting about 5 years for my books to get signed. Special thanks to Adam E, Rich H and Glenn G.

I used to have 13 of these...but when times were rough I had to give them up :cry:

First print, all signed Eastman and Laird!

turtle_fan.jpg

I just about pee'd myself when I saw this...thanks for that...

Thanks dudes, I look up to all of you. I check this forum thread every day because it always brings a smile to my face. Coincidentally, I also peed on myself a little (maybe a squirt?) when I saw my books back again with yellow labels. It's been a dream of mine for years.

Now I need to decide... turtles, or house...what would a person do?