• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Hello fellow UK collectors, as you can see i am new to these boards,and i was wondering how you guys go about cgcing your books and at what cost? I was toying with the idea of sending some off and would like a few tips.

Hello fellow UK collectors, as you can see i am new to these boards,and i was wondering how you guys go about cgcing your books and at what cost? I was toying with the idea of sending some off and would like a few tips.

Any kids? They don't need that college fund. :whee:

Welcome - Gav is the man to speak to.

Hello Lads, I didn't get on again yesterday, sorry about that. Thanks for the pm advice on cgcing books.

My collection is mainly high grade marvel bronze books, marvel magazines and treasuries.

I used to have 1000's of siver age too but made the big mistake of selling them in 2000 through John Pires, ( who has since vanished off the face of the earth, anyone know what happened???) Got the bug again, and started searching the net and ebay for books, some good hits and alot of bad ones.

Started buying cgc books, even though i could not see the point in them at first (a book you cant even read ???) but the more bad buys i had made me turn to cgc books.

I do not own a book from the modern era, i jumped ship when marvel started doing stupid things...well stupid in my opinion anyway, so now i just try and buy the nicest 70's books that i can, HG 60's just too expensive now.

How about you guy's?

Any kids? They don't need that college fund. :whee:

Too late! my son is in his second year and my daughter hopes to go next year!! doh!