• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Hello fellow UK collectors, as you can see i am new to these boards,and i was wondering how you guys go about cgcing your books and at what cost? I was toying with the idea of sending some off and would like a few tips.

Any kids? They don't need that college fund. :whee:

Too late! my son is in his second year and my daughter hopes to go next year!! doh!

:applause:

Hey Slim, never realised you were a Neil.

Hey Gav, it's all good just trying to keep it toghether in the snow :pullhair:

Hey batmeister, don't know John Pires - did he go under any names? Nick (Flaming Telepath) will probably know him. (thumbs u

Edited by nmtg9

I just took it for granted that everyone on here would have heard of John, but he hasn't been heard of since 2003ish, he ran Vault comic auctions and was the best source for high grade books in the UK.

I loved Vault Auctions and always wondered what happened to them.

Some of the other blokes havn't heard of him, much to my surprise, He left a big gap in the UK comic scene.

I know, I used to buy so much from them. The site hung around for over a year with nothing new on it but now it's dead - such a shame.

Think I have heard you mention Vault Comics before Andrew. Wonder if he's trading under another name?

Not trading anymore.

He had a meltdown and disappeared from the scene owing people money and books. Others helped mitigate some of it by trying to sort it out.

Vault was a UK based auction site that wasn't a focus for US collectors. It was therefore a good place to pick up keys. I bought a restored MP 8.0 Tec #31 for $5k when market was more $9k.

Think I have heard you mention Vault Comics before Andrew. Wonder if he's trading under another name?

Not trading anymore.

He had a meltdown and disappeared from the scene owing people money and books. Others helped mitigate some of it by trying to sort it out.

Vault was a UK based auction site that wasn't a focus for US collectors. It was therefore a good place to pick up keys. I bought a restored MP 8.0 Tec #31 for $5k when market was more $9k.

I thought it had to be something like that, you dont just pack in after building a business up like he did, i did here murmurs that people did not get big money books back, i thought he would never do anything like that, just goes to show, you never can tell.

Does anybody remember Comics Warehouse? They always used to run an ad in Comics International, Christ I spent a load of money with them

Are they the guys that ran multiple full page adds in comics during the `70's and `80's? :hi:

I can remember their ads in comics international, i seem to remember something about merging or becoming qaulity comics, may be wrong though.

Not trading anymore.

Wow, didn't realise that.

And yes, one of it's big plus points was that it flew under the radar in the US and you could get some really good deals there.