• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Very disappointed with Carroll . :censored:

I think he was forced out, according to the interviews he gave today.

Once they saw the offer no wonder they forced him out.

Both sides blaming each other.

Lets face it - way overpriced for someone with half a season in the top flight - s'pose they are buying potential.

Geodies can't spend it till the summer - bet Pardew doesn't get all of it though

Lets face it - way overpriced for someone with half a season in the top flight - s'pose they are buying potential.

It is way overpriced. Miles over. £35m for someone with 'potential'? Unbelievable. Just look at what Arsene Wenger has spent on players with potential, that's what you gamble on. A Geordie lad with two previous criminal convictions who's scored 11 goals in the Premier + Liverpool + £35m = disaster.

I could be proven wrong, but I doubt it. I thought Man Utd overpaid on Rooney, and I still stand by that.

It is way overpriced. Miles over. £35m for someone with 'potential'? Unbelievable. Just look at what Arsene Wenger has spent on players with potential, that's what you gamble on. A Geordie lad with two previous criminal convictions who's scored 11 goals in the Premier + Liverpool + £35m = disaster.

I could be proven wrong, but I doubt it. I thought Man Utd overpaid on Rooney, and I still stand by that.

He'll score three on Saturday.

Nope - he's injured. Won't be fit for a month.

Another reason for a doh! and a :screwy:

It's Rooney I'm talking about Neil - wish he had been injured last night.

I just noticed that an issue of 2000AD now costs £2.95! :o:ohnoez:

Must be 30 years since I've read it.

I only remember buying it once. Does anyone buy it anymore - somebody must I suppose. £2.95 is ridiculous. Most kids will probably buy Zoo or Nuts instead nowadays.

It's Rooney I'm talking about Neil - wish he had been injured last night.

Rooney is the biggest money grabber of all. He upset thousands of people (and made the rest of us laugh) handing in a transfer request. Greed. Modern footballers are a greedy bunch - just like criminals are a cowardly lot. (or was it superstitious? (shrug) )