• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I remember the issue really clearly but I was four at the time so my dad would have bought it.

I remember various free gifts that Marvel UK would give away and I have a vague memory of wearing the Captain Britain mask :o

My Dad and I didn't keep or look after the UK edition in the same way as the US originals - never understood why though - and I remember having loads of Disney UK comics that we/I never kept hold of either (shrug)

I remember the issue really clearly but I was four at the time so my dad would have bought it.

I remember various free gifts that Marvel UK would give away and I have a vague memory of wearing the Captain Britain mask :o

My Dad and I didn't keep or look after the UK edition in the same way as the US originals - never understood why though - and I remember having loads of Disney UK comics that we/I never kept hold of either (shrug)

I had also just turned four but can remember that comic as clear as day for some reason. There was a kid a few years older on our street that collected comics so perhaps it was his copy... hm

So much for "Mr Squeaky Clean".

As a married man myself I can't condone his behaviour but fair play she's a fine looking lady and a cut above anyone Rooney has done the mamba with!

He shoots, he scores...

Looks are no good if you don't know how the mechanics work.

As a married man myself I can't condone his behaviour but fair play she's a fine looking lady and a cut above anyone Rooney has done the mamba with!

He shoots, he scores...

Underneath cars.

He shoots, he scores...

Underneath cars.

hm

Never seen PIL live, thats my brothers era... although I do have love for Killing Joke and have seen them about 10 times.

Seen Jah Wobble but when he was in The Damage Manual, along with Conolley, Atkins and Geordie. That lasted as long as Murder Inc.

PIL in concert tonight :banana:

So how was it? Who's in the band these days?

Been a long time since Wobble and Levene were backing Mr. Lydon....

No Wobble or Levene. Ex Damned guitarist Lu Edmonds, former drummer in The Pop Group and The Slits Bruce Smith and some other bloke I've never heard of.

The band were great and Mr Lydon himself was pure magnetism. Videos will be posted soon.