• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Any UK lads, remember buying this when it came out? Got this off ebay with poster still intact. :cloud9:

Picture157.jpg

Picture156.jpg

I remember buying it when it first came out, and all the other Marvel reprints that they did in the early 70's. Wish I had kept them.

I used to buy them probably as much as the real Marvels but I don't remember keeping them.

I must have read them and thrown them out. The earliest series I remember is Captain Britain and then later the Hulk issues that coincided with the TV series which I also loved.

There are still plenty of them available but difficult to find with free gifts still intact.

That's a super copy.

There was a copy with mask on ebay over the weekend going for about £45 and one going for half this. Both BIN's I think.

You got the rest of the run too?

No! Not yet, but I am working on it. (thumbs u

Great buy :applause:

Was it from Ebay?

Thanks,Yeah! It was, I had a nice copy of the comic and I needed the mask, so when this copy and the mask appeared, I snapped it up.

Excellent - I have a copy but not with the mask.

70's UK Marvel reprints

:cloud9:

Every time I see a post like this, I miss my missing copies of Marvel Super-Heroes (Silver Surfer and UXM) reprints) more and more.

The first comic I ever remember buying was the UK reprint of X-Men 1. I must have been about 5 years old (Circa 1980).

Congrats on getting a copy with the free gift intact. It's a great looking copy.

wish i was around for these old Marvels re-prints, my English comic collection consists of full runs Transformers, Action Force, Real Ghostbusters, Thundercats and Punisher.

Similar to me really.

I'm only 35 so the reprints mainly came out before I was born. There was an LCS in Boro (Books n Comics) which sold bundles of UK marvels, 5 for £1. That box provided me with almost complete runs of Transformers and Action Force. :cloud9:

The Punisher reprint was my first "Pull List" in that I had a standing order at my local newsagent. This was a good few years before I could afford those pricy little yank comics that would tempt me.

My prized (And sadly missing) Marvel Super-Heroes set was picked up at a local car boot sale for 10p per issue. I also picked a stack of Hulk reprints (With Cap Britain / Black Knight backups).

Isn't nostalgia brilliant???

wish i was around for these old Marvels re-prints, my English comic collection consists of full runs Transformers, Action Force, Real Ghostbusters, Thundercats and Punisher.

Similar to me really.

I'm only 35 so the reprints mainly came out before I was born. There was an LCS in Boro (Books n Comics) which sold bundles of UK marvels, 5 for £1. That box provided me with almost complete runs of Transformers and Action Force. :cloud9:

The Punisher reprint was my first "Pull List" in that I had a standing order at my local newsagent. This was a good few years before I could afford those pricy little yank comics that would tempt me.

My prized (And sadly missing) Marvel Super-Heroes set was picked up at a local car boot sale for 10p per issue. I also picked a stack of Hulk reprints (With Cap Britain / Black Knight backups).

Isn't nostalgia brilliant???

im 30, and i remember getting Punisher 1 on the IOW on holiday and as a kid thinking wow how violent, i only knew bout UK comics till i was 13 as never had a LCS near me.

Memorie Memories

Started buying MWOM back in the 70s around issue 4 or 5 and can vividly remeber getting 1st issues of Captain Brit and SuperHeroes new.

Like many, I got rid of all my UK Marvels back in the early 80s.

However, I have found I can indulge my old UK marvel fix on Summer Sunday mornings at boot fairs where this year alone I have picked up MWOM #1 and 2 (50p) and Captain Brtiain 1-4 (£1).

Sure beats lying in bed!

However, I have found I can indulge my old UK marvel fix on Summer Sunday mornings at boot fairs where this year alone I have picked up MWOM #1 and 2 (50p) and Captain Brtiain 1-4 (£1).

That's some great finds, I thought that comics had disapeared from that kind of thing. I used to pick up comics at car boot sales when I was a kid and young teen but they just stopped appearing.

Memorie Memories

Started buying MWOM back in the 70s around issue 4 or 5 and can vividly remeber getting 1st issues of Captain Brit and SuperHeroes new.

Like many, I got rid of all my UK Marvels back in the early 80s.

Sure beats lying in bed!

They are great finds - post some pics. :applause:

Does anyone remember the posters in the middle of the landscape issues of Spider man comics weekly and the Titans weekly? They did a four part poster depicting The Thing v the Hulk, Spidey v the Green Goblin and other's (can't remember who) fighting over the Thames, does anyone remember it? and what issue numbers they were ?