• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

How about a new addition (Boardie selling) replies to the say 'June 2012 sales, and therefore everyone gets new blinking envelope to notify of new books etc up for sale. The seller edits for any sales, discounts etc. Buyers interest pm the sellers direct so not overly increasing the original message(s)

Here are some guidelines I have drawn up and feel we should use in the initial PM each month. Please offer any changes or amendments you feel are necessary.

The following guidelines are in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded. Any changes will be taken affect only on a majority ruling.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

1. Books must be CGC and raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. One post per seller, these can be edited at anytime but please do not use multiple posts to list multiple books.

3. A new PM will be sent, on or as close to, the 1st of each month.

4. The order in which, the sales, of board members are listed in the Monthly PM is dictated on a first come first listed basis. If you want to be on page one please lists your books as soon as the first PM is sent as possible.

5. Any books listed in the PM must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered directly here.

6. If you wish to use other sites to list books please post links in your post. If you do this then you must conform to that sites purchasing and selling guidelines and regulations.

7. Any post, other than those linking to elsewhere, must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

8. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

9. Restoration, where known must always be disclosed.

10. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

11. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.) – This is not to say you can agree other forms in private.

12. Post listing wants and trades can be posted in the PM. However, when asking for trades, you must list a price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE. If you will only accept trades then please make it clear that it is for TRADE ONLY.

13. All negotiations must be done outside of the PM via a personal PM.

14. Once a deal has been done, and as soon as possible the seller must edit their sales post with a sold disclosure.

15. If a dispute arises then please, where possible, deal directly with the person in question. If no resolution can be agreed between both parties then send a separate PM to everyone listed in the initial PM detailing the dispute where it can be discussed and dealt with in a majority rules fashion. If this still fails to garner a resolution then we can then decide to take to the CGC probation thread.

As you can see I have borrowed quite a bit from the CGC selling guidelines. Seeing as we are technically selling on boards I thought this was wise. Let me know what you think?

3 more things;

1. Do we want to specify a currency, say pounds?

2. Do went to add a get out clause? Say 'If you want to leave the sending list then reply, with your intentions, into the current active thread.

3. I am still waiting on 6 people who haven't read my pm enquiries.

How about a new addition (Boardie selling) replies to the say 'June 2012 sales, and therefore everyone gets new blinking envelope to notify of new books etc up for sale. The seller edits for any sales, discounts etc. Buyers interest pm the sellers direct so not overly increasing the original message(s)

If the single post and no blinking letter box will be a problem, we could always put a limit of say 2 posts but give a time frame, i.e each post must be at least 10 days after the first. This way if you did get new stuff after you initial post and you want to make sure everybody knows about it you simply have to wait amaximum of ten days and then post again.

thats fine Gary.

also as i said a couple more days ago i have posted more on ebay that people can have alook at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320918714426?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

Was the Theater any good?

i liked it, its one of those though you have to read a few times to get the jist of it all

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

There are now only 5 people who haven't read the messages I sent.

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Edited by gaz2810i

Here are some guidelines I have drawn up and feel we should use in the initial PM each month. Please offer any changes or amendments you feel are necessary.

The following guidelines are in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded. Any changes will be taken affect only on a majority ruling.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

1. Books must be CGC and raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. One post per seller, these can be edited at anytime but please do not use multiple posts to list multiple books.

3. A new PM will be sent, on or as close to, the 1st of each month.

4. The order in which, the sales, of board members are listed in the Monthly PM is dictated on a first come first listed basis. If you want to be on page one please lists your books as soon as the first PM is sent as possible.

5. Any books listed in the PM must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered directly here.

6. If you wish to use other sites to list books please post links in your post. If you do this then you must conform to that sites purchasing and selling guidelines and regulations.

7. Any post, other than those linking to elsewhere, must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

8. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

9. Restoration, where known must always be disclosed.

10. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

11. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.) – This is not to say you can agree other forms in private.

12. Post listing wants and trades can be posted in the PM. However, when asking for trades, you must list a price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE. If you will only accept trades then please make it clear that it is for TRADE ONLY.

13. All negotiations must be done outside of the PM via a personal PM.

14. Once a deal has been done, and as soon as possible the seller must edit their sales post with a sold disclosure.

15. If a dispute arises then please, where possible, deal directly with the person in question. If no resolution can be agreed between both parties then send a separate PM to everyone listed in the initial PM detailing the dispute where it can be discussed and dealt with in a majority rules fashion. If this still fails to garner a resolution then we can then decide to take to the CGC probation thread.

As you can see I have borrowed quite a bit from the CGC selling guidelines. Seeing as we are technically selling on boards I thought this was wise. Let me know what you think?

This sounds good to me, mate. It seems like you've pretty much covered most things here.

3 more things;

1. Do we want to specify a currency, say pounds?

2. Do went to add a get out clause? Say 'If you want to leave the sending list then reply, with your intentions, into the current active thread.

3. I am still waiting on 6 people who haven't read my pm enquiries.

I think it should be down to each seller to specify how they want to be paid including currency. I'm assuming that most UK boardies will want to be paid in pounds.

Anyone can remove themselves from a PM when they wish and if someone wants to be removed from the list, I'd think they should PM the member who is starting the threads. Which raises the issue of is it going to be down to one person to start it each month?

Good work Gary. (worship)

Who are we waiting on replies from now?

Out of all the people I have PM'd Only Romain, cryptkeeper, radjack, StarkEnterprises have yet to read my PM's and LloydJBailey has not responded. Unless anybody else comes to mind then I think its time to get started, I believe we currently have 36 people involved :banana:

List update

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Sorry I missed you. :blush:

I'm sure I added myself to this but I'm not on there?

Yeah, I think I remember you adding yourself so I'm not sure how you got cut out. It's probably best if everyone checks that they are on the list.

Got a PM about this. I believe it has been extended to all of Europe. I'm in.