• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just been to Whatever Comics in Canterbury, 1st time in a year and just wonder how this shop survives, the back issue selection is so poor at Silver's and the rest is way overpriced, but then it seems that way with all shops in Kent. Thank god for Nick nowadays

Did you manage to pick anything up though, we want details :baiting:

Seriously though this sort of experience is rife all over the UK not just Kent.

thought i would pop into see a few friends in Ramsgate on way home, walked past this very tatty bookshop, i noticed they had a few comics that were not worth buying in the window, so i popped in and asked if he had anymore inside, he pointed over to this little bundle, 18 comics and he wanted £3 each, i did a deal for £50 for the lot, this is what was there.

imag0051d.jpg

By margategooner at 2012-06-06

imag0052nd.jpg

imag0050u.jpg

Anyone who knows where I live, they need to come to my house and rescue me from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as my life is being overtaken by this game :cry:

:ohnoez:

What books from your colection would you give me to come up there. throw the game in the bin and take you out for a pint, obviously on you hm

You can have whatever Marvel drek I have left..... :whistle:

Bought a Wonder Woman book to mark my sisters DOB and I thought I would add it to the registry for the points.

Problem is CGC says the book doesn't exist.... WTF!?

Should I post this as a topic in the Registry forum or PM Gemma direct?

anyone ever used bebecomicsonline on ebay? i spent almost £700 with them 10 days ago and now they are not a registered user, they have over 7400 feedback and 99.9% rating, i thought this seller was safe and now im worried.

he replied to my cases saying he left my parcel on bus and i should put in a paypal case, said i already have and that he should just refund me then

Left it on a bus, thats the worst excuse I ever heard, what a wanker.

Just been reading about your other concern in the probation thread.

I had a parcel go missing from 1st of May, just got it today, well happy as I thought I was gonna have to eat it.

I hope you get sorted bud. :wishluck:

he replied to my cases saying he left my parcel on bus and i should put in a paypal case, said i already have and that he should just refund me then

I had a parcel go missing from 1st of May, just got it today, well happy as I thought I was gonna have to eat it.

so do i, been in such a bad mood since, could have been alot more as he had 2k's worth of comics i wanted, these people make me sick

so do i, been in such a bad mood since, could have been alot more as he had 2k's worth of comics i wanted, these people make me sick

How long did you wait for the package as it doesn't sound like it was that long? I've waited quite a bit over a month in the past. Assuming that the tracking details he finally got you are correct you could find the book arrives fairly soon.

I can get a Walking Dead #19 for £130 is it worth it? I'm only just starting my collection and wanted to know if this was a decent price?

Personally no, but that what they seem to be going for at the moment. What sort of condition is it?

I can get a Walking Dead #19 for £130 is it worth it? I'm only just starting my collection and wanted to know if this was a decent price?

Personally no, but that what they seem to be going for at the moment. What sort of condition is it?

Buying it blind from a friend but he said it's in good condition. How would I go about getting cheaper one or should I just bite the bullet?

Buying it blind from a friend but he said it's in good condition. How would I go about getting cheaper one or should I just bite the bullet?

My advice would be to be patient. If you wait a while, one is sure to turn up at a better price and buying blind is always a helluva risk.

Anyone who knows where I live, they need to come to my house and rescue me from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as my life is being overtaken by this game :cry:

I've just picked up the previous game, Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition, for 15 quid.  Like I've said before, that far behind in my gaming.

Great deal there.  

The Tales to Astonish 29 has what's easily my favourite Marvel SF / monster comic cover.  One day I will have a copy.