• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

This is just a bit of batman reading recommendation request, prob best aimed at bane being the Batman!

I love Adams batman covers but can you recommend a good reading run for bats books of the 70's period which would include some of these classic covers but a good story as well? Sorry to ask such a basic question but I really don't know much about what was being written and want to pick up some bats books from this period to enjoy the covers and art as much as the writing.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Iv also posted my 1st book for sales in the sales pm thread so please be kind and feel free to pm as much as you like :grin:

Edited by PsychoJ

That Conan #1 8.0 PsychoJ listed in the sales thread is torturing me. A couple of years ago in a moment of munificence I donated mine to some board raffle or other. It's such a nice looking book :cry:

Pm me to discuss if you like :)

That Conan #1 8.0 PsychoJ listed in the sales thread is torturing me. A couple of years ago in a moment of munificence I donated mine to some board raffle or other. It's such a nice looking book :cry:

It's very cool, and in a perfect world I would have one, but I'm strictly saving up for the time being.

The one I had was just like yours (not the same, I checked the serials). Don't you just hate selling comics? I mean, a part of me regrets no longer owning just about everything I've ever let go!

It's very cool, and in a perfect world I would have one, but I'm strictly saving up for the time being.

The one I had was just like yours (not the same, I checked the serials). Don't you just hate selling comics? I mean, a part of me regrets no longer owning just about everything I've ever let go!

I'm a complete hoarder and want to keep everything. Just realised if I ever want to complete a collection of any book then Iv got no choice but to start letting stuff go. Hence this is my 1st sales thread and thought I'd start with a nice book. Got a load of nice SA spiddys to list as well. Thanks for your interest though, I'm happy that people are looking :grin:

I'm in the same boat... I am a hoarder, but I have realised this past week that the only way I can afford some decent keys etc I will need to let a lot of my books go. I will be starting a sales in the PM and on e-bay over the coming weeks. Anybody has a wants list I have over 3000 comics I will be letting go as I have decided only 2 books are indispensable.

He11blazer i love that pic at the bottom, thats like my daughter lately when im sorting out comics, i have to build defences round them now lol

Can't believe how long ago that was. She (my daughter) is 4 and a half now. I have some high shelves that nobody in the house can reach except me!

I'm in the same boat... I am a hoarder, but I have realised this past week that the only way I can afford some decent keys etc I will need to let a lot of my books go. I will be starting a sales in the PM and on e-bay over the coming weeks. Anybody has a wants list I have over 3000 comics I will be letting go as I have decided only 2 books are indispensable.

Postermanip2.jpg

047004523X.jpg

This is just a bit of batman reading recommendation request, prob best aimed at bane being the Batman!

I love Adams batman covers but can you recommend a good reading run for bats books of the 70's period which would include some of these classic covers but a good story as well? Sorry to ask such a basic question but I really don't know much about what was being written and want to pick up some bats books from this period to enjoy the covers and art as much as the writing.

Iv also posted my 1st book for sales in the sales pm thread so please be kind and feel free to pm as much as you like :grin:

Been a long time since I read those... and I never read them in comic form, I had to buy "Tales of the Demon" and "Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told".

But you definately want the Demon saga, Tec #411, Batman #232, Batman #244 I can't remember the other issues that go with it but those are definate 70s reading.

DC are starting to reprint the 'Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams' books in trade paperback format.  However, many don't like Adams' remastering of his original art.

An earlier trade reprint of the O' Neil / Adams Ra's Al Ghul storyline.. 'Batman : Tales of the Demon'

DC are starting to reprint the 'Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams' books in trade paperback format.  However, many don't like Adams' remastering of his original art.

An earlier trade reprint of the O' Neil / Adams Ra's Al Ghul storyline.. 'Batman : Tales of the Demon'

I sold that not long ago.

And to continue the Demon theme of Batman, look out for "Son of the Demon" which is an excellent read (from the 80s).

And to continue the Demon theme of Batman, look out for "Son of the Demon" which is an excellent read (from the 80s).

That's a great book, arguably even more relevant now because of the Damian Wayne retcon.

Postermanip2.jpg

047004523X.jpg

Those are the ones, how did you guess (shrug)

Another hoarder here, I keep telling myself that I need to downsize and sell a few comics but I just cant bring myself to do it.

Everything that I have ever sold in the past I have regretted.

I think that I will watch you guys and maybe hope you list something I can buy, rather than me selling any just yet.

This is just a bit of batman reading recommendation request,

The Englehart / Rogers Bronze Age Batman stories from Detective Comics.

The Batman : Strange Apparitions trade is out of print.

Personally, I would try to find a five issue run of the 'Shadow of the Batman' reprint comic book, done in the 80s. I had a look online, it's still cheap.  

Another hoarder here, I keep telling myself that I need to downsize and sell a few comics but I just cant bring myself to do it.

Everything that I have ever sold in the past I have regretted.

I think that I will watch you guys and maybe hope you list something I can buy, rather than me selling any just yet.

i was a huge hoarder, had 78000 comics, now im rid of half of them as big lots and keeping that way, realised quality over quantity, even gave up buying moderns altogether