• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

That Conan #1 8.0 PsychoJ listed in the sales thread is torturing me. A couple of years ago in a moment of munificence I donated mine to some board raffle or other. It's such a nice looking book :cry:

Pm me to discuss if you like :)

It's very cool, and in a perfect world I would have one, but I'm strictly saving up for the time being.

The one I had was just like yours (not the same, I checked the serials). Don't you just hate selling comics? I mean, a part of me regrets no longer owning just about everything I've ever let go!

Just go for it, James. You know you want it. :makepoint:

I'm in the same boat... I am a hoarder, but I have realised this past week that the only way I can afford some decent keys etc I will need to let a lot of my books go. I will be starting a sales in the PM and on e-bay over the coming weeks. Anybody has a wants list I have over 3000 comics I will be letting go as I have decided only 2 books are indispensable.

Even the TMNT are going? :o

I'm in the same boat... I am a hoarder, but I have realised this past week that the only way I can afford some decent keys etc I will need to let a lot of my books go. I will be starting a sales in the PM and on e-bay over the coming weeks. Anybody has a wants list I have over 3000 comics I will be letting go as I have decided only 2 books are indispensable.

Did someone say TMNT? Never read a copy but love the cover work and have some strange pull to read a load of issues. I have slipped into conversation with my other half the hardcover trades that are available if she's looking for a present for me for fathers day. Would love a raw run but that 1st issue has become a bit of a modern stepping stone!

I have 2 I will definitely keep. Then I have a few that are close behind and the TMNT are actually in that list and will be the toughest to part with if I do as they are actually some of my favorite books ;)

I Cannot believe it...

Buy some comic from Fleebay, ok they are only £29.00 for 5 books, but to send them in a brown envelope, no cardboard protecting the books, just their backing boards is effing stupid. They arrived ok, but hell, anything could have happened to them. Some people are so effing cheap with their packaging.

:facepalm:

rantrant

right i know Gary said he was gonna be at Comic Mart on Sunday, im sure there was a few others? if so can you give me a heads up, a few beers and Spain v Italy if anyones interested?

I will be there. I like a good rummage.

I Cannot believe it...

Buy some comic from Fleebay, ok they are only £29.00 for 5 books, but to send them in a brown envelope, no cardboard protecting the books, just their backing boards is effing stupid. They arrived ok, but hell, anything could have happened to them. Some people are so effing cheap with their packaging.

:facepalm:

rantrant

..... and that's just one of the reasons that I rarely use eBay these days. It's inhabited by wankers.

Anyone on Virgin Media?

For some reason I cannot get to any of the Ning sites, Comicopolis or Boozads. Last 2 days it just won't let me access.

I can get to it by proxy but I can't sign in after that.

Anyone on Virgin Media?

For some reason I cannot get to any of the Ning sites, Comicopolis or Boozads. Last 2 days it just won't let me access.

I have Virgin media and all is fine for me (shrug)

Anyone on Virgin Media?

Try clearing out the browser cookies or even another browser.

Tried all of that, connected to it via IE9 and Firefox. Its like the 2 sites are IP blocking me.

If I use the Start Search (search engine) it has an option to access sites via their Proxy, and using that feature I can get on. But because its unsecure it reverts back to the site when I try to login and once again I am blocked.

right i know Gary said he was gonna be at Comic Mart on Sunday, im sure there was a few others? if so can you give me a heads up, a few beers and Spain v Italy if anyones interested?

Not sure about the few beers, need to speak to the mrs, but I will be at the mart from 1pm at the latest.

How much do people usually pay to send a single slab to the USA? I just recieved a number of qoutes and the cheapest was almost £30 and the PO wanted close too £50 (shrug) It used to be £25

Around £13? (shrug)

How! I've packed it up in a box that weighs 0.9kg

I may cancel the courier coming on Tuesday, re-package and redo if I can get it cheaper. Went onto PO website and told £49, Went on Parcel forces website and told the same and tried 2 third party courier set-up websites and the cheapest was £27 with only £50 insurace so I upped it to £80 for £1.50. What have I done wrong?

Anyone on Virgin Media?

With comicopolis I get a 'service unavailable' message.  That's on iPad.

Not sure about the few beers, need to speak to the mrs, but I will be at the mart from 1pm at the latest.

I should be getting into London for 11, head over to the mart and do my business, will be wearing a blue baseball cap