• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Midway through the month and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the first attempt at a sales thread?

Looking for views and thoughts on how to improve it for next month. Let me know what you think (thumbs u

Midway through the month and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the first attempt at a sales thread?

Looking for views and thoughts on how to improve it for next month. Let me know what you think (thumbs u

Get somone to buy my gear lol

I have found it interesting to watch with some hits and some misses.

I was already long since spent up before it started, last month I bought 22 signature series slabs, 26 books in the Atlas thread and about 150+ raw books from various sellers, then ComiClink wanted $600, Comicconnect wanted $350, then eBay and I even won a couple of Adventure Comics in the Compal catalogue.

I will take a more active part in the future if I can manage to keep off the sales for 5 minutes. :gossip: dont tell the wife.

I was already long since spent up before it started, last month I bought 22 signature series slabs, 26 books in the Atlas thread and about 150+ raw books from various sellers, then ComiClink wanted $600, Comicconnect wanted $350, then eBay and I even won a couple of Adventure Comics in the Compal catalogue.

I will take a more active part in the future if I can manage to keep off the sales for 5 minutes. :gossip: dont tell the wife.

You need a bigger house.

Get somone to buy my gear lol

I know exactly what you mean :cry:

I've just notice the Thumbnail links I posted to my photbucket scans, in the PM, have all stopped working, where they were fine yesterday (shrug)

Before I had side by side thumbnail images that worked but now I have a single link that for each book that randomly goes to ebay :censored:

Can anyone confirm that they saw my scans and now see the single link? And if anyone has any idea how to fix it or why it may have happened please let me know :)

You need a bigger house.

Tell me about it. lol

All I see is the link details then when I click on it, I get.... FleeBay

Not sure what has happened, maybe you might have switched your album from public to private.

All the links to my photobucket still work and they are in the same album ???

In terms of the new sales thread I'd like to say I think it's going well so far and thank the people who bought from me. I was apprehensive as someone who hasn't sold before and it's been great to get some books out there to new homes and to also get positive feedback. I hope the thread keeps going even though it does seem to have slowed the last few days.

KevinJ I want your comics budget please (thumbs u oh and also all the ways and means you hide it from your wife (worship)

Bane, I know your the man with the ultimate batman collection and I was hoping to see some GA books listed but nothing so far (shrug) I don't have a single GA book in my collection and even though Avengers are my no.1 focus it was Batman that I 1st read when younger so thought it fitting to purchase a GA Batman issue. When I find the right one.

Bane, I know your the man with the ultimate batman collection and I was hoping to see some GA books listed but nothing so far (shrug) I don't have a single GA book in my collection and even though Avengers are my no.1 focus it was Batman that I 1st read when younger so thought it fitting to purchase a GA Batman issue. When I find the right one.

Any particular "theme" your looking for? World War 2 cover, science fiction etc? Particular villain?

What sort of budget are we talking?

I'm looking at WW2 cover I think, but would be great to have a 1st appearance cover. There was a batman 2 jerry Robinson on the boards a week ago and for a great price and I'm still kicking myself. So in terms of budget I would go to a healthy amount but only if I new it was a good investment. All my comic books are being left to my 2 sons as a future nest egg as my health isn't tip top. Prob should be writing this via pm.

Just some options to consider would be great. I need to sell to buy at the min, unless I buy then sell but that's what keeps happening and I only do the buy part! :facepalm:

Pm me Bane

Edited by PsychoJ

Just some options to consider would be great. I need to sell to buy at the min, unless I buy then sell but that's what keeps happening and I only do the buy part! :facepalm:

Pm me Bane

I'll think of some books and send you a PM later. (thumbs u

Anyone still waiting for London con Slabs from DWC?

Have you contacted them?

The reason its taking so long is due to CGC messing up and sending all the slabs back to DWC instead of the individuals addresses.

Mine is going via Comicana so I will just give them a polite kick. :slapfight:

Not you F_T, just the Greek :foryou:

Be careful as the Greek kicks back :eek:

I had an e-mail from DWC today confirming receipt of my books from CGC and asking me to confirm my postal address. Hopefully I won't have to wait to long ;)

Still waiting for mine. Were your books done through the economy service.

Hi,

Has anyone ever bid on the heritage Sunday comic auction and have an idea of what postage costs are like back to the UK?

Thanks

I have. Postage costs are usually around $25-35, although if you win a group of books it would be more.

It used to be relatively easy to win lots in Heritage's Sunday auctions, but not so much these days. Also, as there isn't a worthwhile sniping software available for these auctions, you have to place a bid at least two hours before auction's end, which does leave you at a disadvantage (I nearly always get outbid, I've noticed, even if I bid above GPA).