• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone ever bid on the heritage Sunday comic auction and have an idea of what postage costs are like back to the UK?

Thanks

I have. Postage costs are usually around $25-35

:eek:

You do have to spend a bit to make such costs worthwhile. :shy:

Thanks for postage response. Sounds like you have to put a few high value books together under GPA then to make it work. Similar to clink though. Will go have a look but most likely won't have a chance with it being so late

Edited by PsychoJ

Thanks for postage response. Sounds like you have to put a few high value books together under GPA then to make it work. Similar to clink though. Will go have a look but most likely won't have a chance with it being so late

I won a low-ish grade Timely last night...I placed my bid four hours before auction end. I'd put in the highest bid that you'd be comfortable with and keep your fingers crossed.

Hi,

Has anyone ever bid on the heritage Sunday comic auction and have an idea of what postage costs are like back to the UK?

Thanks

See below a shipping breakdown from Heritage, its a few years old so some of the prices may have increased a bit, but the detail should be the same.

I hardly ever buy from Heritage these days and that is due to high shipping costs.

I used to get them to hold on to my stuff over a couple of auctions and combine them together, which was the purpose of this email.

I hope it helps.

Subject: FW: Shipping costs

1. You can fit approximately 7 raw comics into one single package and ship them for approximately $44.50 via USPS Int’l Registered mail.

(That’s one package complete with 7 raw comics, packing materials, and box weighing under 4lbs. Only 2 slabbed comics can fit and still meet the weight requirement of USPS Int’l Registered.

2. To have shipped the four invoices (19073,19074,19082,19083) all in one box via FedEx Economy it would’ve be approximately $102.25

3. To have shipped all four invoices (19073,19074,19082,19083) in one package via USPS Int’l Priority it would have cost approximately $62.50

The shipping costs will vary per individual invoice. It depends on what is purchased and in what quantity.

With USPS Registered it requires whatever you ship internationally to be under 4lbs. It doesn’t matter what you put in the box, just as long as it comes under 4lbs.

USPS Int’l Priority doesn’t have a weight restriction like (registered) but does base it’s prices on weight of each package.

With FedEx it doesn’t matter what weight your necessarily putting into a box. The larger the package in size, the higher the cost will go.

I believe I know the Wolverine comic - answered on thread :banana:, but I have no idea about DC covers :cry:

Your correct. And your the only one who replied lol

I guess people only enjoy threads when another member is being hung or berated.

I can at least send you $5 for one correct answer (thumbs u

I believe I know the Wolverine comic - answered on thread :banana:, but I have no idea about DC covers :cry:

Somehow I contrived to miss that thread. :tonofbricks:

Somehow I contrived to miss that thread. :tonofbricks:

As I only got 50% correct, that is not the complete answer :sorry:

Someone should be able to identify the Batman cover, then the prize should be for them - they will have the complete answer (mine and there's).

But, if you insist, then I will hold you to a beer if we meet :foryou:

I looked, but the Wolverine one had already been identified and I couldn't guess the Batman one... looking forward to the reveal though.

Adam

I looked, but the Wolverine one had already been identified and I couldn't guess the Batman one... looking forward to the reveal though.

Adam

OK the geek in me would not let this lie, and having a spare half an hour, I have just skimmed through nearly 300 Batman covers - and I think I have a WINNER...

Is it Batman issue 295? :idea:

Adam

OK the geek in me would not let this lie, and having a spare half an hour, I have just skimmed through nearly 300 Batman covers - and I think I have a WINNER...

^^

Adam

^^

Great work! :applause:

There are a number of people i don't know since i was last around so i just wanted to introduce myself :hi:

My name is Matt, i'm almost 30. I started collecting comics around 87/88 with the Marvel UK Transformers. Then in 89 started collecting the US titles. I was introduced to the hobby by my cousin who was 10 years older than me and taught me everything about comics. Throughout the 90's i had up to 35 books on my pull list :facepalm:

Now i mainly collect high grade Silver/Bronze/Copper with a few moderns sporadically. My favourite characters have always been Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men and i'm trying for full runs on those titles but it's not easy! I own about 20 short boxes of comics left after a clearout but i still buy much more than i sell. Most of my expensive books i bought from here, some of my favourites are high grades copies of ASM 16, 50, annual #1 and Hulk 181.

Aside from comics i like football (the name probably gave it away!), animals, action figures, online gaming, the pretty women in Nick's signature, movies and TV shows (I'm a big a fan of Lost and 24 as i am Spidey, almost at least).

Hope to get to know you guys i don't already know better.

There are a number of people i don't know since i was last around so i just wanted to introduce myself :hi:

My name is Matt, i'm almost 30. I started collecting comics around 87/88 with the Marvel UK Transformers. Then in 89 started collecting the US titles. I was introduced to the hobby by my cousin who was 10 years older than me and taught me everything about comics. Throughout the 90's i had up to 35 books on my pull list :facepalm:

Now i mainly collect high grade Silver/Bronze/Copper with a few moderns sporadically. My favourite characters have always been Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men and i'm trying for full runs on those titles but it's not easy! I own about 20 short boxes of comics left after a clearout but i still buy much more than i sell. Most of my expensive books i bought from here, some of my favourites are high grades copies of ASM 16, 50, annual #1 and Hulk 181.

Aside from comics i like football (the name probably gave it away!), animals, action figures, online gaming, the pretty women in Nick's signature, movies and TV shows (I'm a big a fan of Lost and 24 as i am Spidey, almost at least).

Hope to get to know you guys i don't already know better.

Greetings Matt,

I will send you a PM to save boring those here.

Brian

Hey Matt, it's great to see you around here again. :hi:

Might we see you at the next London boardie get-together?

We've recently started a UK/Europe buying selling group PM with over thirty participants. Would you like to be included in the next months PM?

Would love to be in involved in the group therapy PM's, sounds like a blast :applause:

When is the next meet? I'm heading stateside in a couple of weeks, plan to be there for a couple of months. Best of all cheap shipping that even Supapimp wouldn't be able to squirm out of lol

Hi Matt :hi:

Nice to see another Brit boardie (come back), hopefully you'll stick around, the Brit invasion continues lol

I'm sure there should be a boardie meetup soon.... I think we've all recovered since the London Con.

Cheers,

Chris