• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

On a completely unrelated point Ewan UK, just want to say great name and user name! It's my sons name! Come and speak to us more often

Hi, many thanks. :) It's the Celtic version I understand. I was named after a Scottish dog my parents once met.

I was actually the first Brit on these boards* - 10 years ago in December if I recall.

It was also my first (and only) internet message board and I thought... erm, my name is "Ewan" and I live in the "UK" - thus...

If I were to change it now I'd be "CrumpledoldfartdadUK"

thanks for the replies so far :)

*I made that up, probably not ? who was? hm

Do you have any interest in participating in the UK/Europe selling and buying PM, Ewan? We can include you in the July one if you'd like.

Do you have any interest in participating in the UK/Europe selling and buying PM, Ewan? We can include you in the July one if you'd like.

Yes please, how does it work?

As some may have gathered my interests are Miracleman/ Marvelman, Ditko Charltons and British Comic Fanzines... which I have a fair few of :)

Brought up on 2000AD, Whizzer & Chips and Yorkshire grit...

I have tons to sell actually... including a PENCE copy :cloud9: of ASM no.1

I'm on hols tomos (Hastings, South Coast) so catch you all soon

Yes please, how does it work?

As some may have gathered my interests are Miracleman/ Marvelman, Ditko Charltons and British Comic Fanzines... which I have a fair few of :)

Brought up on 2000AD, Whizzer & Chips and Yorkshire grit...

I have tons to sell actually... including a PENCE copy :cloud9: of ASM no.1

The basics are that it is a large group PM consisting of UK and European boardies who can post comics for sale within the PM or want lists. The theory is that the participants will find more deals there as it's focussed within a short shipping range, than they would in the main boards sales areas. The first thread has been fairly successful and the next one will be posted at the beginning of July so you'll be included in that.

The full rules and guidelines will be included in the PM. (thumbs u

On a completely unrelated point Ewan UK, just want to say great name and user name! It's my sons name! Come and speak to us more often

Hi, many thanks. :) It's the Celtic version I understand. I was named after a Scottish dog my parents once met.

I was actually the first Brit on these boards* - 10 years ago in December if I recall.

It was also my first (and only) internet message board and I thought... erm, my name is "Ewan" and I live in the "UK" - thus...

If I were to change it now I'd be "CrumpledoldfartdadUK"

thanks for the replies so far :)

*I made that up, probably not ? who was? hm

My sons is also the Celtic version "Ewan". My mums, mums, side of the family are Scottish and from Kirkintilloch so that was an initial reason for the name (this grandmother chose my name Jamie, another Scottish name, not James which people often assume). The other reasons are a bit more embarrassing and me and my partner do laugh when we think about telling Ewan. Basically I'm a Star Wars fan and one of my favourite characters is obi wan, we came close to Ben but my other half fancies and would happily leave me for Ewan Mcgregor so we settled on Ewan! So there we go Ewan was chosen and he's always suited it!

Welcome to the South Coast. I'm a Hastings boy through an through and I love it. No comic shops :-( But it is by the sea!

Have a great hols.

Welcome to the South Coast. I'm a Hastings boy through an through and I love it. No comic shops :-( But it is by the sea!

Have a great hols.

love the place, took my daughter for 1st time a few weeks ago to pick up a collection

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

Looks like the wallet is gonna get a bit of a bashing.

Deano, If you contact them, they will hold books over auctions and let you build a pile, the more you get the cheaper it gets, thats what I do anyway.

1-3 books $60

4-7 books $90

8-12 books $115

13-18 books $135

19-30 books $200

over 30 call customer service

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

Looks like the wallet is gonna get a bit of a bashing.

Deano, If you contact them, they will hold books over auctions and let you build a pile, the more you get the cheaper it gets, thats what I do anyway.

1-3 books $60

4-7 books $90

8-12 books $115

13-18 books $135

19-30 books $200

over 30 call customer service

That's a good bit of info as I won 8 books in the last auction so gutted that I havent taken full advantage of my postage quota. I have asked if they'd add any books bought from them normally rather than in the auction. Not sure how you'd do this as when bidding or buying on a listed book it always forces you to add full postage as if you were completing a full order. Anyway around this?