• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

:pullhair: too far away as usual

Andrew made it down here once. :baiting:

Twice :sumo:

One was the Comicana launch, can't remember what the other one was. hm

I met your family :gossip:

Wait... were you two dating?

:roflmao:

I have to agree. Sorry Garry and Andrew, but that was funny.

OK, I've posted this in General, but just in case some of you don't visit before it drops off the page...

I gave eBay up almost five years ago, its rising fee structure and total lack of regard for the 'small sellers' - along with its total lack of communication and accountability - telling me I was no longer wanted.

One of my major issues has been the lack of control sellers now have. You get the nutters on eBay and they now have a loaded gun in the form of feedback and you've got a target painted on your back.

However, in an effort to publicise the business and drive eyes to the Comicana Direct site, I was convinced to start listing some cheap krap on eBay. I did it reluctantly, but could see the business sense, so I started about six weeks ago.

I previously sold on eBay for six years and never got a neg. Six weeks back in and I've got my first. :facepalm:

Guy wins a piece of cheap rubbish for 19p (around 27 cents) and pays promptly. Book gets sent by Royal Mail 1st class on 22nd June, no insurance. no tracking - hey, he obviously decided to avoid a £2.75 postal charge on a 19p book!

Nothing is heard until yesterday when seller claims not to have received the book. When advised it was posted on 22nd, he opens a claim.

Fair enough, I think. Upon further thought, I realise that without proof of postage (the receipts you get from the Post Office don't specificy location unless you've used Recorded or Special Delivery), I'm going to lose the case. For the sake of keeping things sweet in exchange for a total of £2.19 (book plus 1st Class postage), I refund immediately.

The end of it, you'd think?

Oh no, not a bit of it. :facepalm:

Within ten minutes of me issuing the refund, he leaves this feedback...

'RIP OFF- avoid. Refund given, as seller didn't want to sell item at low price.'

I couldn't actually believe it and contacted him immediately, asking him to remove the feedback as he'd not only got all of his money back, but he was also making statements that were wholly untrue and also libelous. I pointed to the rest of my feedback...

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=comicanadirect&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=222&page=1

...where he would see that dozens and dozens of people have won bargain books for 19p and 49p and everyone else had received them and was more than happy. I asked him why I would risk my perfect feedback because a book sold for £1.50 less than it might have done and why I would only do it to him?

Ignoring all logic, the buyer wouldn't budge and stated that he would only retract the neg upon receipt of proof of postage...knowing full well that with the service he had paid for, you don't get proof of postage. :censored:

People, could you do both myself and yourselves a favour and place marvelbronzeagecomics (Simon Clark from Yorkshire, in case he's got another ID) on your blocked bidder list.

It might save you some hassle down the road. (thumbs u

What a !

This is the main reason I do very little on EBay - I would rather get credit from a LCS (if I had one :facepalm:)

I sell a little on ebay, mostly to then fund buying more - but I also (perversely perhaps) enjoy the whole scanning, listing, packing experience - almost living up to my fantasy of being a real-life comic dealer :cloud9: (with all the money, girls and status I'm sure that brings!) but I've had a similar experience recently...

Sold some old Judge Dredd books for about £30

Send buyer email when posted in a couple of days. All is well

Ages later he emails to say "where are they?"

I say I've posted them, I have pop

We exchange emails - and he gets rather unfriendly - contrary to my "look I've got 100% feedback, why would I steal your money???" etc etc

He almost immediately raises a dispute

Within 48 hours ebay TAKE the money from me!

Rang ebay's customer service line - argue the toss for half-hour getting nowhere

ebay is adament I have to send everything tracked

"that would mean I'd never sell low value items" etc

"we have to look after buyers" she said

I mention I happen to know their new Vice President of CS (I do)

Suddenly she offers me a £30 voucher because I'm such a valued customer...

weeks pass

Buyer emails me to say the books have now arrived: they were "lost" at the post office

then PP's me the funds...

So... come out of it all £30 up!

Well, I would've been had the voucher not now VANISHED !!! :cry:

i love ebay

Just received a freaking customs charge card for £27.08...

I'm 99% sure this relates to a piece of OA that I ordered from the States. I know there have been numerous posts here about correct customs codes for comics, but not sure I've seen OA covered. Is this the kind of thing which I should be paying a customs charge on? Anyone else have any experience of this?

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

Happen to me just twice

I bought an Alex Ross OA page - customs charge was £160 !!!! :o

Another time a CGC book, but the seller described it as a "toy" - cost me £40 :cry:

He did say sorry...

Until I met the family :acclaim:

???

You met my family at the Comicana launch weekend. What was the other time? :makepoint:

It wasn't so funny when my parents threatened to disinherit me if I didn't stop dating Andrew. :eek:

It wasn't so funny when my parents threatened to disinherit me if I didn't stop dating Andrew. :eek:

I'm still heartbroken.

???

You met my family at the Comicana launch weekend. What was the other time? :makepoint:

Once last year, once the year before - me and the wife have been to Kings Langley twice.

This is why the northerners are reluctant to make the trek because you southern moops just forget about us once we are gone.

I forget everything after the second pint. :headbang: