• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I'm probably going to get shot for this but I thought DKR was just ok, some nice twists but I wasn't left with the wow factor

I'm sure it was unintentional, and I'm not having a go - but you could have chosen a better form of words!

:eek:

i totally forgot what happened, i will change and i do apologise.

Nothing to apologise for, just a common phrase with unfortunate timing. I probably wouldn't have thought of it either.

I have had all the 1960s episodes on DVD for about a year now, I keep meaning to start watching them but never really have the time. I loved these as a kid.

I sort of liked them at the time but felt they were poor representations of the comic.

And by the time the show finished, in 1968, the comic was doing a fair representation of the TV show...

I have had all the 1960s episodes on DVD for about a year now, I keep meaning to start watching them but never really have the time. I loved these as a kid.

I sort of liked them at the time but felt they were poor representations of the comic.

And by the time the show finished, in 1968, the comic was doing a fair representation of the TV show...

Thankfully, Adams and O'Neil brought that to an end not too long afterwards.

I tried watching the 60s series, repeated on ITV 4.  Same formula every episode, which gets very boring, very quickly.  I've never managed to make it through even one season when shown on TV.

I tried watching the 60s series, repeated on ITV 4.  Same formula every episode, which gets very boring, very quickly.  I've never managed to make it through even one season when shown on TV.

It is hard to watch but i suppose you have to take it for what it is.

As a kid watching the repeats on a Saturday morning in the Seventies it was very exciting. As was the Planet of the Apes series. :cloud9:

Thankfully, Adams and O'Neil brought that to an end not too long afterwards.

Yep. The best revamp in comic history.....

As a kid watching the repeats on a Saturday morning in the Seventies it was very exciting. As was the Planet of the Apes series. :cloud9:

Enjoyed both series back in the 70s, but I can't even watch the POTA TV show as a bit of kitsch now, despite the excellent opening titles. The 60s Batman show is only good if you watch the occasional episode....

Enjoyed both series back in the 70s, but I can't even watch the POTA TV show as a bit of kitsch now, despite the excellent opening titles. The 60s Batman show is only good if you watch the occasional episode....

What storyline did the POTA TV show follow?

Did it have any relation to the characters or events from the 1st 2 movies?

What storyline did the POTA TV show follow?

Did it have any relation to the characters or events from the 1st 2 movies?

The characters and events in the TV show had no real connection to the movies, even though a handful of actors (Roddy McDowell, for example) from them were involved. The storyline was fairly simplistic as I recall....

60s series

Memories of watching Saturday morning at the Cinema….thought it was great at the time………..how time plays tricks with the auld memory. :grin:

TV series…………got to be one of the funniest shows on TV………acting was worse than Blakes 7…………..which I loved doh!

Indeed - and not selling very well from what I've read.

60s series

Memories of watching Saturday morning at the Cinema….thought it was great at the time………..how time plays tricks with the auld memory. :grin:

TV series…………got to be one of the funniest shows on TV………acting was worse than Blakes 7…………..which I loved doh!

I loved Blakes 7. I bought all the DVD's a few years back but haven't watched them for fear of disappointment.

60s series

I loved Blakes 7. I bought all the DVD's a few years back but haven't watched them for fear of disappointment.

I have Blakes 7 on Video, not bad actually if you can take the fashion of the day.

Space 1999 is great also but the outfits are so bad.