• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Premier League Fantasy Football 2012

OK, I've taken the liberty of setting up a league on the Premier League official fantasy football site - all are welcome to join. It's free and you can sign up at THIS LINK .

Once you've picked your team you can join the CGC league by clicking the "create and join leagues" link on the site and using the following code: 471573-122960

You don't have to spend ages finalising your team just now - unlimited transfers are available until 18 August. So you can just use the auto-complete function to make sure you have a team in and then refine it later.

If there's interest, we can see about a side pool with a small wager for best monthly performance, overall winner etc. - but I'm happy to play just for bragging rights too!

Feel free to pass on to other boardies who maybe don't check this thread. I will post this info in the sales PM as well (only because it's the last day of the month - I know we're going to try and keep it much cleaner for August...!).

Hope you'll join - this should be fun if we can get a good crowd in.

Adam

Sorry to those (few!) that joined - but in the latest IT reshuffle my work firewall has completely blocked prem fantasy football... I'm therefore going to have to close the CGC league.

Apologies - but in all honestly there wasn't the raging torrent of interest I had hoped for, so hopefully this won't disappoint too much. I'll stick to the NFL fantasy games, and I'm sure people will find somewhere else to play!

Adam

Why do you need to close can't the rest of us simply continue (shrug)

Sorry, I read this a bit late. You're right I guess, although you would have had me hanging around at the bottom of the league scoring no points... (not a bad thing, means nobody active would have been last).

I should have though of this - apologies :sorry:

There's of course nothing to stop anyone else creating a league and inviting people again.

RVP to Man U. Good deal £24m?

Great Deal!

I can see it now. Scholes, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and Rooney all supplying Van Persie. I just pray he doesn't get injured.

He probably will. His track record isn't good.

So, who's going to the Leeds Mart?

LEEDS

SATURDAY

SEPTEMBER 8th 2012 - The Golden Orbit one.

I'll be there, come say hello, leave your coats etc

Will be in Greece but should make the next. Do you have a stall there ? Where are you usually?

Neil

I'll be there with a stall, 1st time in ages though.

Usually in Harrogate but soon going "One Step Beyond" ;)

Pah!!!

Puny Premiership.

The Championship is where all the cool kids hang out.

But I don't hang out there anymore :grin:

Well, for a brief hiatus anyway. :baiting:

Then swiftly pass through in their way down to the lower leagues :grin:

Pah!!!

Puny Premiership.

But I don't hang out there anymore :grin:

Well, for a brief hiatus anyway. :baiting:

Then swiftly pass through in their way down to the lower leagues :grin:

Been there done that!

Pah!!!

Puny Premiership.

I'm off to Gills v Boro in the capital one cup at the end of the month, most of my mates are Gills fans

Gillingham have quite a support base, I've heard....

I hate waiting.

It's the worst part of this hobby. Not just the longer term waiting on the right book at the right price but more for the short term waiting for stuff to get done.

Waiting for books to arrive in the post (Currently awaiting 6 separate sets of books)

Waiting for grading. I'm Currently checking almost hourly to see my status magically change from "Verified" to "Scheduled" or preferably "Graded"

Waiting on a PM response from another boardie (Non-UK so no need to hunt through your PM's - it's probably not you).

Waiting on a decision from a friend of a friend as to whether they want to accept an offer I've put on a couple of longboxes worth of their copper and bronze aged Marvels.

Waiting for LSCC 13 to be announced.

Why can't everyone else in the world work to my timescale?????

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

I hate waiting.

It's the worst part of this hobby. Not just the longer term waiting on the right book at the right price but more for the short term waiting for stuff to get done.

Waiting for books to arrive in the post (Currently awaiting 6 separate sets of books)

Waiting for grading. I'm Currently checking almost hourly to see my status magically change from "Verified" to "Scheduled" or preferably "Graded"

Waiting on a PM response from another boardie (Non-UK so no need to hunt through your PM's - it's probably not you).

Waiting on a decision from a friend of a friend as to whether they want to accept an offer I've put on a couple of longboxes worth of their copper and bronze aged Marvels.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

:foryou:

I hate waiting.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

Patience grasshopper. :gossip:

I hate waiting.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

Patience is for the weak.

You'd never see Chuck Norris idly standing around waiting for stuff to get done

:sumo:

PM still not arrived

Grading status still not changed

Postman has been and gone and left me empty handed.

Latest LSCC news is that tickets will be available on the door following Stan Lee's appearence on the One Show.

Standards are slipping people.

I hate waiting.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

Patience is for the weak.

You'd never see Chuck Norris idly standing around waiting for stuff to get done

:sumo:

PM still not arrived - If i send one, at least you will have a flashing envelope to cheer you up

Grading status still not changed - That's because they are current grading your books

Postman has been and gone and left me empty handed - He was a fake - the real one will arrive tomorrow

Latest LSCC news is that tickets will be available on the door following Stan Lee's appearence on the One Show - Why not start the queue from now

Standards are slipping people.

My help in bold :idea:

I hate waiting.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

It really has been a loooooooong time since Christmas!

I hate waiting.

Aaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vent over.

Feeling much better now.

It really has been a loooooooong time since Christmas!

Gah!!!

One more thing to wait for

:ohnoez: