• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

just reading Batman Knightfall again, last time was 15 years ago and you know what i dont remember a single thing of it, kinda felt if i was reading the right book at 1st, this was my 2nd major story i believe i got into as a kid, 1st was Death of Superman, also remember Emerald Dawn and Eclipso from this era aswell, so people what was your 1st major arc you remember from comic collecting?

Saw the Dredd movie ages ago at a press screening. It plays well enough, if you enjoy wall to wall ultraviolence. Quite well directed though, and Mega City looks authentically dystopian.

Is it as good as the Punisher?

what was your 1st major arc you remember from comic collecting?

As a very young kid I first remember the Korvac Saga though I was too young to appreciate it properly, I just thought it was cool.

After a break, I was drawn back in by the Masters Of Evil storyline in Avengers # 273 when I was thirteen.

Saw the Dredd movie ages ago at a press screening. It plays well enough, if you enjoy wall to wall ultraviolence. Quite well directed though, and Mega City looks authentically dystopian.

I admit that I've never sat through any of the Punisher movies. But probably yes.

.... so people what was your 1st major arc you remember from comic collecting?

Avengers - Korvac Saga

X-Men - Savage Land, Proteus, Hellfire Club/Phoenix Saga by Claremont and Byrne.

I admit that I've never sat through any of the Punisher movies. But probably yes.

Call yourself a film connoisseur. :sumo:

:cry:

I've never managed to pay attention for more than about 5 minutes or so when I've tried watching the Punisher films on TV.  I'm not a fan of the character, which can't help any.  

The big question is... Is it better than Sly's abysmal attempt?

I've never managed to pay attention for more than about 5 minutes or so when I've tried watching the Punisher films on TV.  I'm not a fan of the character, which can't help any.  

The Punisher was always the most baffling success story in comics. I thought he was an interesting foe / ally for Spider-Man at the beginning as he provided a monolithic foil for the character, and worked quite well in Spidey's main title.

However that doesn't explain the fact that at one point he had four or five titles in the early 90s, not to mention annuals, spin-offs and "holiday specials", which were especially poor cash-ins. Very much a benchmark of the era, those books.

I was never going to sit through a movie that was guaranteed to showcase an even more soulless take on the character, especially with Lundgren etc. in the lead "role".

The big question is... Is it better than Sly's abysmal attempt?

Definitely. Some boardies in General pointed out that the production values were better in the Sly version, but there's not a lot in it. Far closer to the spirit and tone of the source material than the previous flick, and quite entertaining. I also liked the "Die Hard" style premise.

The Punisher was always the most baffling success story in comics. I thought he was an interesting foe / ally for Spider-Man at the beginning as he provided a monolithic foil for the character, and worked quite well in Spidey's main title.

However that doesn't explain the fact that at one point he had four or five titles in the early 90s, not to mention annuals, spin-offs and "holiday specials", which were especially poor cash-ins. Very much a benchmark of the era, those books.

I was never going to sit through a movie that was guaranteed to showcase an even more soulless take on the character, especially with Lundgren etc. in the lead "role".

What do you think of Ennis's Punisher?