• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Too stop and start for my limited attention span and I never really got into Rugby League (Although I did try).

My limited sporting ability is focussed on Footy, Squash golf (Technically a game, not a sport) and Tae Kwon Do.

There are few pleasures in life as sweet as kicking someone in the head :) (legally)

Tae Kwon Do's for girls :whistle:

Nah.

Tang Soo Do is for girls. Ask my wife who is a black belt.

This is what I used to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Chun

I have done this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chop_suey

Too stop and start for my limited attention span and I never really got into Rugby League (Although I did try).

My limited sporting ability is focussed on Footy, Squash golf (Technically a game, not a sport) and Tae Kwon Do.

There are few pleasures in life as sweet as kicking someone in the head :) (legally)

Nah.

I have done this

I've done this. :acclaim:

Nah.

I have done this

I actually used to do mixed martial arts for several years before my health wouldn't allow any longer. Best iv ever felt physically and mentally. I did Jeet Kune Do which was the fighting system that Bruce Lee designed to be the ultimate martial fighting technique. I was just about to get to student instructor level and had to have more surgery and docs told me I couldn't do it after that. Couldn't have been more gutted and still miss it everyday. Brilliant way to keep fit, give yourself confidence and be able to defend yourself against many forms of attack though

Nah.

I have done this

I actually used to do mixed martial arts for several years before my health wouldn't allow any longer. Best iv ever felt physically and mentally. I did Jeet Kune Do which was the fighting system that Bruce Lee designed to be the ultimate martial fighting technique. I was just about to get to student instructor level and had to have more surgery and docs told me I couldn't do it after that. Couldn't have been more gutted and still miss it everyday. Brilliant way to keep fit, give yourself confidence and be able to defend yourself against many forms of attack though

But could you have taken Morpheus? hm

I watched Avengers Assemble over the weekend.

Simply not as good as it was in the cinema. Without a couple of hundred other people cheering and laughing in all the right places, the film was just not that great.

Counteract your movie-based disappointment by going to see The Sweeney.

Seriously? That film got absolutely hammered by the critics. The Times called it the worst British action film in over 40 years, and stated categorically that Ben Drew (such great casting as Carter) was so wooden, every time he was on screen it was like a chair had been thrown into the room (old joke, but there you go). Anyway, that and Taken 2 (which I have seen) were slated unanimously.

I went into The Sweeney purposely avoiding all reviews (Expecting them not to be too complementary).

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Far more than I expected, I agree that Ben Drew's acting wasn't the best (For that, you must see Harry Brown - he potentially outshines Michael Caine) but it was far from awful.

Semi-plausible storyline

Good action sequences

Car chases

Hayley Atwell

Kara Tointon

Ray Winston (Being Ray Winston)

More car chases

What's not to love???

I'm going to skip Taken 2 till the DVD release. I loved the first movie, but the concept of the second (Plus every review points out the hugely implausible plot) has put me off.

As long as the current teething-based catastrophe has subsided, I've got Prometheus for tonight.

:whee:

I watched Prometheus yesterday...............

As long as the current teething-based catastrophe has subsided, I've got Prometheus for tonight.

And....... ?

And....... ?

+1

I'm always interested in others opinions on this movie. I personally loved it, although being a HUGE Alien fan as well as acknowledging that Ridley Scott is the worlds greatest Teessider - I always thought my opinion was slightly skewed.

I thought it worked as both a pre-pre-prequel as well as a stand-alone movie. I can understand why some hated it (Too thinky, too slow, not enough Xeno's, didn't tie directly into the start of Alien...) but to me, the pacing was perfect, the story was captivating and you can't deny that it looked utterly breathtaking.

And....... ?

+1

I'm always interested in others opinions on this movie. I personally loved it, although being a HUGE Alien fan as well as acknowledging that Ridley Scott is the worlds greatest Teessider - I always thought my opinion was slightly skewed.

I thought it worked as both a pre-pre-prequel as well as a stand-alone movie. I can understand why some hated it (Too thinky, too slow, not enough Xeno's, didn't tie directly into the start of Alien...) but to me, the pacing was perfect, the story was captivating and you can't deny that it looked utterly breathtaking.

I thought it was an intelligent idea behind the movie. Might be a few nitpicks here and there but I enjoyed the overall movie. Remember Blade Runner was not a success when it was released. I remember my brother saying that out of all his mates that went to watch it, they all hated it and he was the only one who enjoyed it.

After watching the Avengers again, I was sorely dissapointed by the viewing at home, no where near as good as it was in the cinema. That means Avengers was above average movie, that I felt was "really good" because of the crowd around me at the time.

I'd rather watch Prometheus again to be honest.

I can't wait for the DKR Blu-Ray as well!

Didnt want to spoil it for anyone!

I thought it was just okay, I am a massive Alien/s fan and think they are some of the best films ever made.

I hoped that this would add to that, for me it didnt.

As a stand alone film I would give it 6/10

Didnt want to spoil it for anyone!

I thought it was just okay, I am a massive Alien/s fan and think they are some of the best films ever made.

I hoped that this would add to that, for me it didnt.

As a stand alone film I would give it 6/10

I also am an Alien movie(s) fan and thought Prometheus was generally weak - disappointing.