• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Repairs being done in the W>C>...so they start early and I have but one bathroom.

At some point I have to use it and as politely as I can I must ask them to "vacate" the area so ....well.

uno o dos?

Repairs being done in the W>C>...so they start early and I have but one bathroom.

At some point I have to use it and as politely as I can I must ask them to "vacate" the area so ....well.

uno o dos?

dos :cry:

Edited by porcupine48

So it turns out that my Nannys father lived in London for several years before heading over here....then went back, in the service, for the war many years later.Just saying some news to me.I know I am about a first and a half generation Canadian,but things are grey in some places.Like I have seen pics of the house in Holland that my Grandmothers family lived in,

occupied,during the war,but can't find out how my Grandad seemed to be part of so many Navies.Or where they were after they met for so many years,or how we ended up Canadian on my paternal side.My maternal Great Grandpa I was talking about at the top.Have most of that figured.Diggin time I guess....

So it turns out that my Nannys father lived in London for several years before heading over here....then went back, in the service, for the war many years later.Just saying some news to me.I know I am about a first and a half generation Canadian,but things are grey in some places.Like I have seen pics of the house in Holland that my Grandmothers family lived in,

occupied,during the war,but can't find out how my Grandad seemed to be part of so many Navies.Or where they were after they met for so many years,or how we ended up Canadian on my paternal side.My maternal Great Grandpa I was talking about at the top.Have most of that figured.Diggin time I guess....

So you're really English. Welcome to the fold. :P

Actually everyones from Ireland but my Grandma,who is a Hollander.

Xaviera Hollander? :o

Really?That's my Grandma, who left her native land April 15 1945. meh

Edited by porcupine48

Really?That's my Grandma, who left her native land April 15 1945. meh

Seriously, it's pretty cool that you've been able to follow your lineage back like that. Mine starts to get muddled during my great grandparents era, all we know is they apparently came from Germany, but no specifics.