• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

A quick update.

The seller has now agreed to send me a replacement copy, shipped with an appropriate amount of packaging to ensure it will arrive undamaged.

What P's me off more than anything is my own actually stupidity in this whole incident.

The book was listed with the variant cover for #5. A book I'm desparatly after as Dre hasn't been able to locate me a 9.8 copy (Jean Grey cover - buy buy buy buy........). I saw the pic, saw the price £1.50 + £1.50 P&P and jumped at the opportunity (Although deep down, not expecting the advertised NM/M).

It was only after I saw the book had been shipped that it was actually #6

At least now I'll have 2 reader copies and 2 more digital codes to go with the digital copy I already have

:facepalm:

Moral of the story - stick to the eBay sellers I know and trust and read the listing properly.

BTW #1 - Seller was motherbookers2u

BTW #2 - Anyone got a spare #5 Variant???

A quick update.

The seller has now agreed to send me a replacement copy, shipped with an appropriate amount of packaging to ensure it will arrive undamaged.

What P's me off more than anything is my own actually stupidity in this whole incident.

The book was listed with the variant cover for #5. A book I'm desparatly after as Dre hasn't been able to locate me a 9.8 copy (Jean Grey cover - buy buy buy buy........). I saw the pic, saw the price £1.50 + £1.50 P&P and jumped at the opportunity (Although deep down, not expecting the advertised NM/M).

It was only after I saw the book had been shipped that it was actually #6

At least now I'll have 2 reader copies and 2 more digital codes to go with the digital copy I already have

:facepalm:

Moral of the story - stick to the eBay sellers I know and trust and read the listing properly.

BTW #1 - Seller was motherbookers2u

BTW #2 - Anyone got a spare #5 Variant???

I used motherbookers2u once a long time ago to buy one book (I forget which one). It arrived bent but was only supposed to be a reader, so I wasn't bothered and didn't ask for a replacement, just resolved not to used them again.

From then until I moved jobs a few years later I used to get regular emails from them advertising their books, copying 50 or so other people (not bcc). I emailed and asked to be taken off the list two or three times - never even got a response. For some reason, they seemed to circumvent my junk filter too. Eventually I moved jobs and so now I am finally email free from them.

Annoying.

I am currently looking for early issues of 2000 A.D. especially programs #149 and #150. I didnt know if I would be better off looking for them in the US or shopping for them from a UK source. I am not well versed on the values of A.D., so what maybe some of the prices for back issues? I know some are jumping in price, I was able to get Program #2 very cheap on the forums. Any help would greatly appreciated.

I am currently looking for early issues of 2000 A.D. especially programs #149 and #150. I didnt know if I would be better off looking for them in the US or shopping for them from a UK source. I am not well versed on the values of A.D., so what maybe some of the prices for back issues? I know some are jumping in price, I was able to get Program #2 very cheap on the forums. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Congrats on getting prog 2 cheaply. 149 and 150 being the 1st appearances of Judge Death and Judge Anderson are some of the more sought after progs. Values aren't that high compared to American comics but I haven't tracked prices to see where they are currently.

What kind of condition are you looking for? High grade copies are very hard to find.