• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Wanna finish my x-men collection, hoping for some good eBay results

Good luck mate, hopefully you'll get that deal you want ;)

Post a WTB note in the PM, no one has done that yet, maybe you'll get lucky and one of the boardies here, might have some of, or all, the books you need ;)

We need to set this PM on fire people :banana:

Forget all this meaningless Jubilee nonsense, everyone knows that the real reason this is a Bank Holiday weekend is to celebrate the release of Prometheus :)

Saw it last night and was blown away.

I'm a die hard Alien fan and as such had pretty high expectations. I should have know that the worlds greatest living Teessider (Ridley Scott) wouldn't disappoint.

Not gonna talk about storyline (you can check out the thread in General for all your spoiler needs). Just gonna say.

Excellently conceived, written and filmed. 3D really added a huge amount of depth to the beautiful locations (Especially in the opening section)

Top marks from me.

Looking forward to Prometheus but not as much as a new Blade Runner that he said is definitely gonna happen

Gary and Garry (worship) great work

Edited by nmtg9

Thanks Neil, Gary did the majority of the work and Adam was very instrumental to getting the whole ball rolling in the first place. :applause:

Nice that there have been a couple of sales already. :)

Forget all this meaningless Jubilee nonsense, everyone knows that the real reason this is a Bank Holiday weekend is to celebrate the release of Prometheus :)

Saw it last night and was blown away.

I'm a die hard Alien fan and as such had pretty high expectations. I should have know that the worlds greatest living Teessider (Ridley Scott) wouldn't disappoint.

Not gonna talk about storyline (you can check out the thread in General for all your spoiler needs). Just gonna say.

Excellently conceived, written and filmed. 3D really added a huge amount of depth to the beautiful locations (Especially in the opening section)

Top marks from me.

Was off to see it this week, but have heard from four people who already have (two of whom are huge Aliens/Scott fans) as they say it's pretty poor. Plot holes everywhere, inexplicable and unbelievable actions, pointless scenes...generally very disappointing.

There's a director's cut on the way which contains 40 more minutes film. I'm hoping that might smooth things over, so I think I'll wait for the DVD,

anyone here doing the sun dream team for the euro's, if there is a few of us then i may set up a league?

Set it up!

right go onto The Sun website, and join mini-leagues, ours is CGC with password of cgc2012

anyone here doing the sun dream team for the euro's, if there is a few of us then i may set up a league?

Set it up!

right go onto The Sun website, and join mini-leagues, ours is CGC with password of cgc2012

Cool I will go on there later and join.

Just been to Whatever Comics in Canterbury, 1st time in a year and just wonder how this shop survives, the back issue selection is so poor at Silver's and the rest is way overpriced, but then it seems that way with all shops in Kent. Thank god for Nick nowadays

Just been to Whatever Comics in Canterbury, 1st time in a year and just wonder how this shop survives, the back issue selection is so poor at Silver's and the rest is way overpriced, but then it seems that way with all shops in Kent. Thank god for Nick nowadays

Did you manage to pick anything up though, we want details :baiting:

Seriously though this sort of experience is rife all over the UK not just Kent.

Set it up!

Keen - but you need to provide a league PIN as well as the password...

Anyone who knows where I live, they need to come to my house and rescue me from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as my life is being overtaken by this game :cry:

Anyone who knows where I live, they need to come to my house and rescue me from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as my life is being overtaken by this game :cry:

:ohnoez:

What books from your colection would you give me to come up there. throw the game in the bin and take you out for a pint, obviously on you hm