• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Hi guys, got a question for those whose attending Thought Bubble 2012.

Would anybody be so nice and take my comics to the show, stand a queue and get me a signature :( ?

I thought I'm will attend the show, but on last minute I had to cancel my visit.

I'm sad especially because Yanick Paquette who's my favourite artist (love Swamp Thing from New 52). I got signature by Scott Snyder on my Swamp Thing #1 and I seriously wish to have both signatures. Im not looking for SS...

So if there is anybody who wouldnt mind taking my comics to show, and stand a queue and get a signature, please let me know. I can either send comics with 1st Class or pass a comics in centre of London (in one of comics shops).

If you would like, I can pay you some money for doing this for me...

Thank you so much!

Would anybody be so nice and take my comics to the show, stand a queue and get me a signature :( ?

I thought I'm will attend the show, but on last minute I had to cancel my visit.

I'm sad especially because Yanick Paquette who's my favourite artist (love Swamp Thing from New 52). I got signature by Scott Snyder on my Swamp Thing #1 and I seriously wish to have both signatures. Im not looking for SS...

So if there is anybody who wouldnt mind taking my comics to show, and stand a queue and get a signature, please let me know. I can either send comics with 1st Class or pass a comics in centre of London (in one of comics shops).

Thank you so much!

Dang. No luck getting in touch with the UK rep from DesertWind? Did you ask around in the Signature Room forum?

Thank you so much!

If I was able to attend myself I would help you out, sorry mate. :sorry:

Thank you so much!

Sorted, I'll PM you the shop address so I don't miss them at home.

Queens of British Pop - sparkling documentary on BBC4.

Yeah, it was pretty good.

Apart from Suzi Quatro. Friggin' bubblegum pop. Didn't think much of her even in ' 74....

Yes, I didn't understand why she was included - she's not even British. The Sandie Shaw stuff was particularly interesting.

Apart from Suzi Quatro. Friggin' bubblegum pop. Didn't think much of her even in ' 74....

Yes, I didn't understand why she was included - she's not even British.

And she only had four hits, that were all aimed at the pre-teen market. Not in the same league as Kate Bush, Siouxsie, etc, she nevertheless considers herself to be a true rock 'n' roller even though she had more in common with the Osmonds.

And she only had four hits, that were all aimed at the pre-teen market. Not in the same league as Kate Bush, Siouxsie, etc, she nevertheless considers herself to be a true rock 'n' roller even though she had more in common with the Osmonds.

I've just seen adverts for Now thats what I call music 90s dance hits.... I'm hearing most of these and thinking.... christ thats the start of my era! :cry:

Good thing I was listening to Metallica at that point.

I've just seen adverts for Now thats what I call music 90s dance hits.... I'm hearing most of these and thinking.... christ thats the start of my era! :cry:

Along with Zep, Sabs and Purple, I hope. :preach:

Time to dig out my white gloves, glow sticks and whistle

Reach for the lazers :whee:

No.

As my brother was 16 years older then me I grew up listening to Killing Joke, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Prong, Pil, Sisters of Mercy and probably aload others I can't remember.

But I broke out into the metal scene, Metallica, Pantera, Guns etc... before also listening to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden.

Don't tell me you went to Ibiza on holiday?

Only for a night. I used to fly out Sat morning, drink, bounce like a loon, have brekkie then fly back.

Did the same in Magaluf a couple of times to go to BCM (Surprisingly, once spent most of the evening watching Jason Donovan in the little club in the basement).

All of the above should be weighted against the fact that I also love rock, metal, goth, emo, rave, trance, pop, indie (Especially Indie), classical, opera...

In fact I love just about all music with the exception of anything by Westlife or Country and Western.

No.

As my brother was 16 years older then me I grew up listening to Killing Joke, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Prong, Pil, Sisters of Mercy and probably aload others I can't remember.

But I broke out into the metal scene, Metallica, Pantera, Guns etc... before also listening to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden.

You started off so well...

Only for a night. I used to fly out Sat morning, drink, bounce like a loon, have brekkie then fly back.

Did the same in Magaluf a couple of times to go to BCM (Surprisingly, once spent most of the evening watching Jason Donovan in the little club in the basement).

All of the above should be weighted against the fact that I also love rock, metal, goth, emo, rave, trance, pop, indie (Especially Indie), classical, opera...

In fact I love just about all music with the exception of anything by Westlife or Country and Western.

I look forward to meeting you in the New Year. :applause:

No.

Codger :baiting:

I went in the summer of 96. Four of us flew out on the afternoon that England beat Spain in the Euro quarter-finals. Watched it in a jam packed pub as we waited for our lift to Newcastle airport.

The first half of the holiday was great but as soon as we lost that match to Germany it was as depressing as .

Some funny times though.

No.

Codger :baiting:

Of that there is no doubt but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pantera, etc are just plain terrible.