• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer says that there's no record of a hurricane ever hitting Springfield and List reminds him that the records only go back to 1978, "when the Hall of Records was mysteriously blown away".

LMAO brilliant.

I don't pay much attention when they say "this is the hottest summer since 1429" or "this is the foggiest July since 2011" or whatever silly statistic they come up with.

Being a farmer though, I keep a rough track of rainfall and this really is the wettest year I've ever known and my dad who was born in 1930 can't remember one quite as bad as this.

Must be hellish to work in this sort of weather.

I don't pay much attention when they say "this is the hottest summer since 1429" or "this is the foggiest July since 2011" or whatever silly statistic they come up with.

Being a farmer though, I keep a rough track of rainfall and this really is the wettest year I've ever known and my dad who was born in 1930 can't remember one quite as bad as this.

I was thinking the same.

I was thinking the same.

It's better than working in the snow. :eek:

I was thinking the same.

Surely that brings most work to a standstill, or am I wrong?

I was thinking the same.

At very least, all the cattle still have to be fed and strawed down. When it gets very cold, the water troughs have to be thawed out every day. My least favourite job is fishing out chunks of ice from freezing cold water so that the water doesn't freeze twice as thick.

I was thinking the same.

At very least, all the cattle still have to be fed and strawed down. When it gets very cold, the water troughs have to be thawed out every day. My least favourite job is fishing out chunks of ice from freezing cold water so that the water doesn't freeze twice as thick.

i'm sick of cows acting all high and mighty thinking they're too big for an icepop

I was thinking the same.

i'm sick of cows acting all high and mighty thinking they're too big for an icepop

They keep asking for a slice of lime to be floating in the top of their water trough.