• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK eBay seller warning: cgc_centraluk

25 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Couple of years ago I was ripped off on Ebay by a trader based in Scotland. Seems that this could be the same guy as he went by the name(s) Ant Curran & Tony Curran.

Like others I won some Daredevil slabs that he never sent. Unfortunately I won another auction of his at the same time which was a run of Ultimate Spiderman 1-100, which cost me over £100.

What he did for that auction was send me a small parcel, of three comics, which was signed delivery which meant when I put my claim in with paypal he just gave them the delivery number and on the Royal Mail site was the signature, supposedly, for over 100 comics!

I took this to the police, to the Royal Mail & Ebay/Paypal - none of which were any help. As soon as I put the claim in he stopped being a registered user and resurfaced later with a different user ID.

I did contemplate jumping on a train and going up to Scotland to sort the spoon out but the wife talked me out of it.

This guy is a serial scammer, I'll see if I can contact Matt (Anfield Fox) as I know he was gathering info on the guy. If we can get enough of us to come forward then we might be able to get something done this time.

I didn't realise the furcker was still active.

What he did for that auction was send me a small parcel, of three comics, which was signed delivery which meant when I put my claim in with paypal he just gave them the delivery number and on the Royal Mail site was the signature, supposedly, for over 100 comics!

The same thing happened to me. :mad:

Sorry to hear of this. One thing I always avoid is a seller that insults his customers when they complain.

Feedback or feedback replies like these are a huge red flag for me:

ENJOY YOUR VISIT FROM THE POST OFFICE FRAUD DEPARTMENT.YOU LYING SCAM MERCHANT!!

CHECK THIS LYING AHs FEEDBACK FOR SELLERS!!! FULL REFUND ISSUED 20 OCTOBER!!!!!

OFFERED REFUND.YOU REFUSED.HOW IS THAT NOT BEING INTERESTED?LYING SCAM MERCHANT!

I'm also always wary of sellers that previously sold cheap moderns and movies now selling higher value books. Classic build up the feedback and then sell the grail type behavoir. So sorry you guys encountered this scumbag.