• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WooHoo! Someone Nailed the Reserve!

5 posts in this topic

First bid and they nailed it! Hope they weren't surprised!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2209429158&category=32739&rd=1

Also selling Amazing Fantasy #15 in CGC 3.0 unrestored.

Thanks!

That is a decent bid to get on that Amazing Spider-Man - and you've still got 6 days to go! thumbsup2.gif I think Spider-Man prices all over have been jumping for several months now. cool.gif

Yeah,

I was surprised to see it hit so quickly too. Actually, I thought the AF 15 would be the first one to hit the reserve. I guess you never can tell.

BTW Comicsheet, I've been looking at your Eye on eBay pages in CBG every week and I keep telling my wife, 'look I made the papers again', but she doesn't understand what I'm saying (hardly ever does). Your column is always one of the first things I turn to every week.

Oh, and thanks to Darthdiesel for all the bidding, hope you win a few of these!

ASM #1 Auction:

Well, that's not quite what I had in mind.

The first bidder popped the reserve and sticks for five, maybe six days. No other bidders in the meantime. On Saturday the bidder sends me an email; sorry, I'm retracting my bid, can't afford it, etc., etc. I reply well at least you retracted before the auction's end instead of becoming a deadbeat after the fact. OK

So, I look at the bid history and this insufficiently_thoughtful_person notes as his reason for retracting that he 'cannot contact the seller'. (yes, after he contacted me just fine, that's his reason for retracting). Talk about leaving a bad impression. I guess he never stopped to consider that other potential bidders would see his notation and perhaps shy away from bidding. (although no one emailed inquiring about the retraction notation, that doesn't mean it had no impact). 893frustrated.gif

So, the result after all that, 'reserve not met.' AND, the high bidder just missed my reserve on the AF15 (a smidge too high I guess). So, I still have them both.