• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More eBay format change stupidity

27 posts in this topic

:hi:

My first reaction to mschmidt's screen capture was that ebay is continuing to completely ruin itself, but maybe this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. How many of us have seen auctions with postage stamp size scans fetch big bucks? Maybe this will increase our sales. It may be a low-grade high-dollar bonanza!

:hi:

My first reaction to mschmidt's screen capture was that ebay is continuing to completely ruin itself, but maybe this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. How many of us have seen auctions with postage stamp size scans fetch big bucks? Maybe this will increase our sales. It may be a low-grade high-dollar bonanza!

Thanks to mschmidt for putting pictures to my words.

I sent them a comment on the new format expressing my displeasure with the image handling. Maybe we can get it fixed. It snowed in Houston this year - anything can happen....

And here's some reading material for you (courtesy of the eBay Stores Discussion forum):

Preview your store in the new eBay Stores Experience today

Hello Stores Owners,

If have customized your eBay Store, you definitely should click this link to the AB post and read on. The new version will be required after March and you should confirm that your Store customizations will work properly once upgraded.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200901.shtml#2009-01-13145421

If you have a Store and want it to have the latest features provided by the new version of Stores (new templates, better search features), click the link below to preview it. If you like it, you can opt in to the new version.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?StoresR2AnnouncementV4&previewstore=1

Regards,

Lomax

eBay's new motto: "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"

Larry

Thanks to mschmidt for putting pictures to my words.

I sent them a comment on the new format expressing my displeasure with the image handling. Maybe we can get it fixed. It snowed in Houston this year - anything can happen....

Your initial comments make perfect sense now. I didn't realize we were looking at the "old" (current) version of your auction.

A week or so ago, I previewed one of my auctions in the new format, and it was an absolute horror show. I did take the time to write up & send them my complaints about it (for all the good it will do, sigh).

One wonders if they are gathering actual feedback from customers to make these "improvments," or it's just a bunch of programmers cooking up these "improvements" (read: JUNK) to justify their jobs and salary.

Cripes... it was 1,000 times better when it was a flat HTML page with none of this other nonsense that only succeeds in slowing down the page load and increasing weird glitches.