• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic force, your thoughts?

6 posts in this topic

I was looking at the Comic Buyers Guide Magazine and noticed an article on Comicforce.com.

Apparently, this is going to be the website "for comic book buyers", as it is going to keep track of recent sales of comics and have a price guide according to sales. :headbang:

I thought this was a great idea, and decided to check the site out...unfortunately, it's not up and running yet.

Any idea of when it might be available? And what are your thoughts on it?

Bruce

A guy was here awhile back talking about the site and promising to send a link for beta-testing to the Forum. That was in Aug and as far as I know it never happened.

It's an good idea in theory but executing a website price guide that really captures the market? I'll believe it when I see it...

Jim

So... they sell a comic for $10 and then that goes in the price guide as a $10 comic?

how does that work then?

The guy would have to come back and explain but from what I gathered he essentially wanted to be a GPA for raw comics....

Jim

I should think the biggest challenge in tracking raw sale prices is the varied standard of grading. I don't just mean bad graders, but also sellers who genuinely use different grading criteria.

CGC is what made GPA viable. The 'fixed' standard. A CGC 9.4 may not be exactly the same as every other CGC 9.4, but it's a heck of a lot closer than one dealer's NM from another's.

I don't think a raw GPA is possible, imho.