• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you think.........

27 posts in this topic

What makes you think CGC hammers signed books more now than before?

If graded today, this would be GLOD or a lower grade.

Superman11Blog.jpg

WRONG.

Please show me an example of a GLOD with a name on a book that is not modern and 8.0 or lower.

If the sig were on the first page would the grade be the same?

What makes you think CGC hammers signed books more now than before?

If graded today, this would be GLOD or a lower grade.

Superman11Blog.jpg

WRONG.

Please show me an example of a GLOD with a name on a book that is not modern and 8.0 or lower.

If the sig were on the first page would the grade be the same?

There is a good chance it could be a touch higher, but looking at the scan and that it has very minor work, I doubt it.......

CGC didn't always hammer signed books... their current policy seems to coincide with the introduction of CGC Signature Series.

Coincidence?

hm

:screwy:

No change in policy, please show EXACT examples or don't spread mis-information.

The only "misinformation" I am spreading is that which I obtained here. This book was posted some time ago and the question was asked. I was told if it was resubbed it would get a GLOD or likely go down in grade.

Thank you for setting this issue straight. Can I consider this an official response by CGC?

glod?

Green Label of Death. I still can't see the reasoning behind giving it a GLOD. GLOD's have a stigma because they are used for more than unverified sigs. The label leaves to many things up for questioning. What if you have an unverified sig and a clipped coupon. All I'm saying is that both companies have unverified sigs that leaves the sigs up for questioning about verification, but the label that CGC gives opens up more questions.

To me personally it is simple to give books the Blue universal label and allow COA or pics to whatever be slabbed along with the book.