• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me help JERRY ROBINSON with JET SCOTT strip...

1 post in this topic

Hey gang,

A friend of mine in the industry reached out to me to see if I could help him with this, so now I'm spreading out the call far and wide to help someone we all know and respect in the comics industry...Jerry Robinson...

As forwarded to me:

>>From Kevin Miller: I represent Jerry Robinson, pioneer Batman artist and creator of the Joker. A major publisher is reprinting the entire two-year run of Jet Scott dailies and Sundays for which Jerry was co-creator and artist. I am trying to reach anyone who might have a collection of the daily Jet Scott strip. We are missing about forty dailies from 1954-55. We have all the color Sunday pages intact for the entire run (1953-55). We'd like any fans or followers of Mr. Robinson's work to contact us at AstonishingTale@gmail.com if they feel they might be able to fill the gaps in the strip's storyline. If anyone has a complete run, or a sizable run of the story, please contact me for a list of the dailies we need. Anyone that can contribute or help in this regard that results in a reproducible copy of the needed Jet Scott daily strips will receive a personalized special print of Batman and the Joker, signed by Jerry Robinson, and an acknowledgment in the book. Thank you!<<

So they don't even need originals of the strip, just a "reproducible copy" of one cut from an old newspaper if possible...they just want to fill in gaps so they can make a decent effort to produce this book...BUT, if you own any originals, PLEASE let them know so that they can check if they have a copy of it...it would be a huge help...

Please tell 'em you were sent by that loveable Jonathan Mankuta, so that I can know that my effort helped out in some indirect way... :)

thanks/best,

JONATHAN (It's always nice to see the Golden Age guys finally make some money from their vintage work) MANKUTA