• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions - Avengers & ASM prices through the roof

332 posts in this topic

Here is one at only $2,300 with 19 hours left. Possible Green River?? Still yet ... :screwy:

RAD62C01200912_102117.jpg

That's a sweet 9.2...but not $2,300 sweet. meh

I've got both an Avengers #16 in 9.0 and Strange Tales #135 in 9.2...I think I might be dusting them off and taking care of my retirement. :banana:

I think the Thor # 126 in CGC 9.6 has them both beat Nick.

Josh Nathanson is the new Chuck Norris.

Here is one at only $2,300 with 19 hours left. Possible Green River?? Still yet ... :screwy:

I've got both an Avengers #16 in 9.0 and Strange Tales #135 in 9.2...I think I might be dusting them off and taking care of my retirement. :banana:

After a Josh Nathanson auction, the consignor's send their proceeds check back to Josh in appreciation.

Hey Nick, is that the one and same Avengers #16 that I sold you way back? White pages right? :cry:

After a Josh Nathanson auction, the consignor's send their proceeds check back to Josh in appreciation.

Josh Nathanson doesn't press books. Books press themselves to look their best for Josh Nathanson.

Josh Nathanson doesn't press books. Books press themselves to look their best for Josh Nathanson.

Josh Nathanson once pressed a book with his bare hands. It came back a 10.5.

:whatthe:

:roflmao:

Do you know anything about this issue... in that grade (shrug)

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

I know its selling for roughly 21 times 9.2 Guide, for a mid 60s Marvel with a 9.8 ahead of it, and three more 9.6s in the census. (shrug)

This book has little going for it, unless you want to consider it a "first issue" of sorts. Too bad its on one of the deadest titles of the Marvel Silver Age era.

So, yeah, put me down as one who thinks the bidding is a bit..excessive.

Josh Nathanson once trimmed a book using a chainsaw, and it came back in a blue holder.

Hey Nick, is that the one and same Avengers #16 that I sold you way back? White pages right? :cry:

Is it indeed, Bill. (thumbs u

And it's yummy. :cloud9:

Josh Nathanson once trimmed a book using a chainsaw, and it came back in a blue holder.

Josh Nathanson doesn't own a scanner. Scans on Comiclink are simply a result of his x-ray vision and photographic memory.

Josh Nathanson doesn't own servers. His brain is hard-wired to the net, and he runs his site while eating Man-Wich sandwiches and watching reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger.

Okay...I'm done. :tonofbricks:

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

Agreed. It's a very tough book that rarely comes up for sale in 9.4 or better. It has a great cover and it's a minor key.

Agreed. It's a very tough book that rarely comes up for sale in 9.4 or better. It has a great cover and it's a minor key.

Yup. Great book, impossible grade. I'd kill to own that copy.

Yup. Great book, impossible grade. I'd kill to own that copy.

Really, Roy? While the book has fantastic structure and a beautiful big 9.6 on the label, it's got a cover miswrap and a loss of cover whiteness that are serious detractions for me. So no, it's not a premium copy for me in terms of eye appeal.