• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions - Avengers & ASM prices through the roof

332 posts in this topic

I think the Thor # 126 in CGC 9.6 has them both beat Nick.

:whatthe:

:roflmao:

Do you know anything about this issue... in that grade (shrug)

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

Agreed. It's a very tough book that rarely comes up for sale in 9.4 or better. It has a great cover and it's a minor key.

Yup. Great book, impossible grade. I'd kill to own that copy.

Really, Roy? While the book has fantastic structure and a beautiful big 9.6 on the label, it's got a cover miswrap and a loss of cover whiteness that are serious detractions for me. So no, it's not a premium copy for me in terms of eye appeal.

The mis wrap is marginal...no pun intended. And obviously you have to know the book. Like TTA#43, the yellow used in the bottom half has that very faint green hue to it, under age it looks like it has faded badly. In fact, that is just the colour. This book presents very well for a 126, and looks the part of a 9.6.

Bid with confidence on a book we'll not see again for a very long time. Wish I had the cash for this one :(

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

Agreed. It's a very tough book that rarely comes up for sale in 9.4 or better. It has a great cover and it's a minor key.

Really, Roy? While the book has fantastic structure and a beautiful big 9.6 on the label, it's got a cover miswrap and a loss of cover whiteness that are serious detractions for me. So no, it's not a premium copy for me in terms of eye appeal.

The mis wrap is marginal...no pun intended. And obviously you have to know the book. Like TTA#43, the yellow used in the bottom half has that very faint green hue to it, under age it looks like it has faded badly. In fact, that is just the colour. This book presents very well for a 126, and looks the part of a 9.6.

Bid with confidence on a book we'll not see again for a very long time. Wish I had the cash for this one :(

I think he was talking about the top white portion but even then Bob, when will you see a copy like this again? I've been hunting for years and have only found a possible 9.4 candidate that graded a 9.2.

The miswrap is common for this era of Marvels (ever see a perfect FF #48?) and unless there is another find of Church-like books good luck finding a whiter copy.

Yeah if I had the dough I'd be all over it. I think (without looking) there are 2-3 9.6 copies and this is the only one I've ever seen for sale.

The book is sweet, but I agree with Bob in that it's not a premium copy to me in terms of eye appeal. It's a nice book though and very tough in grade. Personally, I'd rather pay for one or two stress lines and save a fortune -- take one with perfect centering and a super white cover. Those, of course, do exist.

While the book has fantastic structure and a beautiful big 9.6 on the label, it's got a cover miswrap and a loss of cover whiteness that are serious detractions for me. So no, it's not a premium copy for me in terms of eye appeal.

A really white cover is tough, particularly for white cover Thors for some reason. Even a lot of the Marvel PCs, Northlands and Western Penns end up with that dingy cover because of the poor quality paper absorbing all the oils from the ink.

I wonder what this book will fetch for all those HG Spidey collectos in the Feb/March Auctions.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2009feb%23Item%5F778745&id=778745

Everyone has opinions, so before you assume mine, ASK.

Just because I exclusively collect FFs doesn't mean I don't have knowledge of other titles. At one point in my life I had EVERY full Marvel superhero run.

As a matter of fact I DO know about this issue in high grade.

I was laughing due to the great prices some undervalued keys are starting to attain. They are getting their just due...I don't the think the QP is the greatest on the #126 but it is still a great find,

But just because the book is tough in grade doesn't mean another won't ever pop up again. I could have EASILY won the Rocky Mountain 9.4 FF #51 (a tough book above 9.2 in it's own right).... EASILY. But it was so miswrapped, I decided to save my money and get a sweeter looking 9.2 in the same auction.

I agree the book is worth the money. Even more so than TTA #59.

I wonder what this book will fetch for all those HG Spidey collectos in the Feb/March Auctions.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2009feb%23Item%5F778745&id=778745

Ask Bob Storms.

:kidaround:

That was an honest to goodness joke by the way.

;)

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

:signfunny:

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

So are you stopping by the booth in NYC CC?

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

Yes, Roy will be digging through bob's modern dollar box island. Heard you are going to man it while aggressively telling customers to "man up" and buy that 10th book so you don't have to make change.

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

Yes, Roy will be digging through bob's modern dollar box island. Heard you are going to man it while aggressively telling customers to "man up" and buy that 10th book so you don't have to make change.

Actually I've been thinking about Bob's JIM #95 CGC 9.0 for a while now..probably since Philly of last year. I love that book.

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

lol

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

Actually I've been thinking about Bob's JIM #95 CGC 9.0 for a while now..probably since Philly of last year. I love that book.

It's a great book, the only "negative" is the cr/ow, but other than that, hard to find much wrong with that thing.

Yeah...that doesn't scare me as much as it would some people.

It's just the $$ and trying to prioritize. Too many wants on the table.

R.

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

You are mistaken, another person is selling those books. I will be at the main booth selling the "old stuff."

ManUp.jpg

Ask Bob Storms.

;)

You are mistaken, another person is selling those books. I will be at the main booth selling the "old stuff."

Youre selling Bob :o