• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions - Avengers & ASM prices through the roof

332 posts in this topic

I wonder what this book will fetch for all those HG Spidey collectos in the Feb/March Auctions.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2009feb%23Item%5F778745&id=778745

Ask Bob Storms.

:kidaround:

That was an honest to goodness joke by the way.

;)

So are you stopping by the booth in NYC CC?

Yes, Roy will be digging through bob's modern dollar box island. Heard you are going to man it while aggressively telling customers to "man up" and buy that 10th book so you don't have to make change.

You are mistaken, another person is selling those books. I will be at the main booth selling the "old stuff."

ManUp.jpg

I know dude, just breaking your balls.

I wonder what this book will fetch for all those HG Spidey collectos in the Feb/March Auctions.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2009feb%23Item%5F778745&id=778745

Ask Bob Storms.

:kidaround:

That was an honest to goodness joke by the way.

;)

So are you stopping by the booth in NYC CC?

Yes, Roy will be digging through bob's modern dollar box island. Heard you are going to man it while aggressively telling customers to "man up" and buy that 10th book so you don't have to make change.

You are mistaken, another person is selling those books. I will be at the main booth selling the "old stuff."

ManUp.jpg

I know dude, just breaking your balls.

Will you be their the whole weekend?

I think the Thor # 126 in CGC 9.6 has them both beat Nick.

:whatthe:

:roflmao:

Do you know anything about this issue... in that grade (shrug)

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

I know its selling for roughly 21 times 9.2 Guide, for a mid 60s Marvel with a 9.8 ahead of it, and three more 9.6s in the census. (shrug)

This book has little going for it, unless you want to consider it a "first issue" of sorts. Too bad its on one of the deadest titles of the Marvel Silver Age era.

So, yeah, put me down as one who thinks the bidding is a bit..excessive.

I guess it got even more excessive. Thor's hammer price $9800.

The price looks right, and the book looks like it's in its correct holder, so it's solid bidding on what is essentially a book never before offered for sale in this grade.

I know its selling for roughly 21 times 9.2 Guide, for a mid 60s Marvel with a 9.8 ahead of it, and three more 9.6s in the census. (shrug)

This book has little going for it, unless you want to consider it a "first issue" of sorts. Too bad its on one of the deadest titles of the Marvel Silver Age era.

Jee-Bus! Well, hope the new owner is happy with it and god bless 'em if he has that kind of dough to spend. (thumbs u

Jee-Bus! Well, hope the new owner is happy with it and god bless 'em if he has that kind of dough to spend. (thumbs u

At least it wasn't a TTA #59