• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 CGC 9.4

14 posts in this topic

"November 03, 2003 Steve Geppi, President and CEO of Diamond Comic Distributors, is offering a reward of up to $1 million for a near mint condition copy of the rare 1938 Action Comics #1 comic book that introduced Superman. " Across the newswire the offer was made, and this no joke coming from the owner of Diamond Comic Distributors. Fewer than 100 copies of Action #1 are known to exist. Geppi's $1 million reward is for a copy of Action Comics #1 that grades at least 9.4 on CGC grading scale. It is an interesting offer, if one exists, and nobody knows if one does in that grade."

So will he pay a person $1 Million if they have it since it's called a "reward"? It says nothing about "paying" or "buying" the book for 1 mill. Besides isn't Geppi a little late I thought Parrino has been offering 1 Mill for the book for a few years now.

Well when you offer a $25 reward for someone to "find" your missing dog/cat, the assumption is you get the money when you hand over the animal, not just for saying "Yeah, I found him".

tongue.gif

I sure the "reward" is for turning over the Action 1 to Steve Geppi's loving care.

how much for a CGG 9.4?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about $30,100?

I figure $30K for a copy that a dog peed on, plus $100 under the table for CGG to slap a 9.4 grade on it...

Gives new meaning to the term pisspoor grading