• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nightly News has Obama comic story

29 posts in this topic

As for the watchman tpb I would save your money and pass on that too. That book is a hard and boring read and I got to like chapter 5 before I gave it back to a friend. I will just wait for the movie.

Someone needs to knock on this dudes head and exclaim "McFly"

Do you want to be that person to knock on my head. Its called an opinion in which it took me 5 chapters of boring drag on reading to come too that conclusion. I am not the only person to feel this way since we have discussed this in other threads too.

Just because I do not like something does not garner your insult.

You are entitled to your opinion. But in the larger scheme of things, a dislike of the Watchmen is far in the minority. Not sure it's the best advice to give.

Pat

Its not a total dislike. I skipped through teh book and such and read the end. I just found that the story dragged on and that the little stores in between each chapter also made the book drag on even more. As for beng a minority I don't know about that. I have seen alot of people agree with me and even some that own teh book agree that it does drag on.

Got the hardback trade as a Christmas present. I enjoyed the whole book, but yes it doesn't zoom along---which I didn't mind. I like a little variety in my comic book reading, and it's a shame that more books aren't chalk full of words.

Soon, there'll be no words for the ol eyeballs and we'll be getting our comics telepathically. :insane::grin:hm

I like words. I even read some novels time to time that don't have pictures lol.

As for the watchman tpb I would save your money and pass on that too. That book is a hard and boring read and I got to like chapter 5 before I gave it back to a friend. I will just wait for the movie.

Do you want to be that person to knock on my head. Its called an opinion in which it took me 5 chapters of boring drag on reading to come too that conclusion. I am not the only person to feel this way since we have discussed this in other threads too.

You are entitled to your opinion. But in the larger scheme of things, a dislike of the Watchmen is far in the minority. Not sure it's the best advice to give.

Pat

Its not a total dislike. I skipped through the book and such and read the end. I just found that the story dragged on and that the little stores in between each chapter also made the book drag on even more. As for beng a minority I don't know about that. I have seen alot of people agree with me and even some that own the book agree that it does drag on.

To me the end was the worst part and the writer didn't back up the end results up appropriately. The book is worth reading just for the Rorschach and Comedian parts, but I can definitely see how people can find it boring, with the dreary the Dr. Manhattan, the Owl and Silk Spectre love story, and the Pirate story. I have a love hate relationship with the book. I can't say I love Watchmen but I do love Rorschach and The Comedian.

I found another story from this period that everyone loves to be complete mess from story to art and that is Dark Knight Returns. I read it once and gave it to a friend. With these type of stories becuase so, many love them I would just recommend the people get them from the Library and read them and that way they can form their own opinion without wasting money.

Pat

Its not a total dislike. I skipped through teh book and such and read the end. I just found that the story dragged on and that the little stores in between each chapter also made the book drag on even more. As for beng a minority I don't know about that. I have seen alot of people agree with me and even some that own teh book agree that it does drag on.

Got the hardback trade as a Christmas present. I enjoyed the whole book, but yes it doesn't zoom along---which I didn't mind. I like a little variety in my comic book reading, and it's a shame that more books aren't chalk full of words.

Soon, there'll be no words for the ol eyeballs and we'll be getting our comics telepathically. :insane::grin:hm

I like words. I even read some novels time to time that don't have pictures lol.

Me to. :) Although, not as many as I'd like. Not a fast novel reader. Just recently finished Joe Hill's, "Heart Shaped Box". Good horror/suspense paperback.

Pat

Me to. :) Although, not as many as I'd like. Not a fast novel reader. Just recently finished Joe Hill's, "Heart Shaped Box". Good horror/suspense paperback.

Been awhile since I read a novel. Probbaly because I rea so many white sheets and technical guides for computers. I mostly like fiction fantasy like D&D especially R.A. Salvatore (drizzt do urden stories) and I think the other authors name was Ed Greenwood. When I was younger I did more reading since I didn't have the draw of the computer around as much lol.

Pat

Been awhile since I read a novel. Probbaly because I rea so many white sheets and technical guides for computers. I mostly like fiction fantasy like D&D especially R.A. Salvatore (drizzt do urden stories) and I think the other authors name was Ed Greenwood. When I was younger I did more reading since I didn't have the draw of the computer around as much lol.

Have you read any of George R.R. Martin's stuff?

Watchmen is a masterpiece. I have read it many times. BUT.....I always recommend to any new reader to skip the "bonus" stuff until after reading the regular story. It flows way better that way IMO and the other stuff is a nice treat to anyone who really liked the main story enough to want something additional.

Pat

Have you read any of George R.R. Martin's stuff?

Nope