• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top key books

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think it's going to happen, because there would be discrepancies on certain books, plus the amount of work to keep up with it. I don't know much about the Registry, but I don't believe that there are any mixed title sets.

I've found a post I entered last year along those lines, to no avail. It is pasted below;

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet. Is there any consideration of adding a set for "Silver Age Keys" in the future? I trust I'm not alone as a collector of this type of set. A small sample example would contain:

ASM 1, 14, 28, 50, etc.

FF 1, 12, 48, etc.

Avengers 1, 4

Flash 105, 123, etc.

GL 1, 40, etc.

B & B 28

Showcase 4, 22, 34, etc.

This is a small sample which could be boiled down to a specific list (and amount) by a group of Silver Age collectors. I'm sure this would draw interest and I would be happy to submit a full list to be tweaked by other Silver Age collectors.

It would be too subjective, just from your list ASM 28 is not really a key, regardless what OSPG says, it's just a book with a 3rd rate villain and a cool black cover

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think it's going to happen, because there would be discrepancies on certain books, plus the amount of work to keep up with it. I don't know much about the Registry, but I don't believe that there are any mixed title sets.

There are several, but they are not of keys. Usually of first issues.

It would be too subjective, just from your list ASM 28 is not really a key, regardless what OSPG says, it's just a book with a 3rd rate villain and a cool black cover

That's a valid point. It's kind of a key in very high grade, but as keys go, it shouldn't be on the list. That's what I meant about the list having to be tweaked.

It would be subjective, but if a half-dozen or so SA collectors submitted their opinions, I think a list could be agreed upon. It doesn't have to be gospel, after all, it's just a Registry request for people who collect Key issues.

Do you mean first issues of various titles, or of all books from all ages? I'm not to familiar with the Registry, so I'll try to find one to see what you mean. Thanks.

Do you mean first issues of various titles, or of all books from all ages? I'm not to familiar with the Registry, so I'll try to find one to see what you mean. Thanks.

Various titles, although I think there might be a couple sets that do encompass two ages as well (can't remember which off the top of my head, though).

Thanks for the help. The reason I asked is that all of my key books and early SA titles are slabbed, and the rest of my collection is mostly raw. I guess I'll stick to my personal registry. (thumbs u