• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lois Lane #70 cgc 9.6 $2000+!!!

22 posts in this topic

I've always thought that was the most worthless silver DC key ever....and my guess PCE will list that at say...$4700.00

Yup, the most worthless key. But Overstreets listing of #74 as the first Bizarro Flash would probably rate as the most worthless reason for an issue to be broken out of a run.

I've always thought that was the most worthless silver DC key ever....and my guess PCE will list that at say...$4700.00

confused-smiley-013.gif I would much rather shell out money for this book than a Batman 155 1st SA Penguin. I believe that the bird had only an 8 year absence between his last "Gold" (Atomic mad.gif) and 1st Silver appearance while Catwoman had about a 12 year gap. If I'm off with these numbers feel free to correct them. I think behind the Joker the Penguin was the next major Batman villain to have the shortest stint on the list of villains to disappear between the Golden/Atomic age and the Silver Age. Riddler was gone over 15, Two Face over 15, Scarecrow over 20 893whatthe.gif

Well I think Catwoman is more important than Penguin. Not to mention those numbers are important because with Scarecrow and Riddler their 1st SA age appearance turns out to be only 3rd appearance ever. Personaly I think all Silver Age 1st appearance's are stupid unless the character has gone through a major change from their last Golden/Atomic appearance as in GL or Flash as they aren't even the same people they once were.

I agree they are stupid without major changes to the character. Theyre also leftover keys due to increased importance dating back to the 60s TV show, both characters being major villains memorably portrayed by Burgiss Meredith and Frank Gorshin. I cant explain why Catwoman's first SA appearance took so long to be noticed, though.

Another reason I mentioned those dates is, try finding the 1st SA appearance of the Joker noted in the Overstreet. For whatever reason they don't do it. Joker was never missing any longer than just over 1 year at any one time while the other villains were all in limbo for 8+ and these characters all get noted in the guide as to when their 1st SA or Modern appearance is. The Joker never disappeared for a long time and his character never really changed or developed and that's probably the reason it's not noted in the guide. The only book for years to give the Joker any kind of depth at all occured in 1951. det168.jpg

right. I agre with that and the concept as explaining the Penguin and others' first SA appearances. I just dont think their values etc should relate at all to a comparison of the # of years they were "away".

That 168 looks sweeter than a 6.5! Nice book

That 168 looks sweeter than a 6.5! Nice book

Structurally the book is very nice but it has some dirty grime on the cover. Not sure exactly what but you can see it by Batman's legs and up by Red Hood's head. Also there is that small brownish line in the yellow between Batman and Red Hood maybe from a crayon but I can't tell for sure.

right. I agre with that and the concept as explaining the Penguin and others' first SA appearances. I just dont think their values etc should relate at all to a comparison of the # of years they were "away".

The one villain who IMO does deserve a designated SA 1st appearance and a higher value for his 1st SA appearance is Clay Face as he is a completely different character than the GA Clayface. Riddler and Scarecrow have some appeal to me as it's their third over all appearance. I've never had any interest in spending the $$ on Batman 155 or 234 even if it is an Addams book. One appeal the Lois Lane has it's an interesting book since Catwoman is appearing out of the realm of the Batman books. It's probably her 1st time crossing over to another series outside of Tec and Batman.