• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's it gonna flip for?

16 posts in this topic

What'd the first one go for. This isn't the same one that sold on Comiclink is it?

Brian

same book...tought to flip a book from comiclink in the open market. it can be done...but usually for minimal profit.

Personally, I think its a huge risk to try and make a profit on this book if he paid $1750, assuming of course it is a completely legitimate (non-shill) auction. It really isn't an awe inspiring book. That whole "early Spidey appearance" is nonsense, it came out concurrently with ASM 14 (making it Spidey's 16 or 17th appearance?) It has no 1st appearance, no origin, and it shares the highest graded label with three other 9.6s (9.4s aren't exactly rare either, with 7 Unrestored on the census). So, all in all, what's the big freakin' deal?

I know early Marvel 9.6s go for crazy multiples, but I think the market for this book peaked two years ago.

Well you basically just answered your own question. It came out around the same time as 14 which goes for about 8,000 dollars in 9.4. Other issues around that time period are at LEAST 2,000-3,000 in 9.4. The cross-over Spider-man app are tougher IMO.

Brian

Well you basically just answered your own question. It came out around the same time as 14 which goes for about 8,000 dollars in 9.4. Other issues around that time period are at LEAST 2,000-3,000 in 9.4.

And Strange Tales Annual # 2 is collected with the same fervor as ASM # 2 or 3, right? Didn't a 9.4 (one with White pages, no less) surface on eBay earlier this year and draw speculation on these very boards as to how high it would go? And at the end of the day, there was one bid at the initial starting price. Was it anywhere near what a 9.4 white-paged copy of # 2 or # 3 would bring? Heck no.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but the fact is the market has traditionally pooh-poohed cross-over appearances, even very early ones. Look at the early post Torch Strange Tales issues, many with guest appearances by the FF. They certainly aren't sought out with the same intensity as their counterparts in the regular FF title, yet they are also early appearances and as tough, or tougher to find in grade. And as a rabid FF fan, I can tell you my own interest in them is limited, and certainly secondary to putting together a high grade run of the main title.

Looks like an open auction but $$$$ to donuts hes got a shiller in the mix. Any idea what it sold for off comic link?

$1750 and i think that is not a shiller but a board member.

Ya Cap is a board member, but look at bpmcomics, granted his only other purchase is a high grade key (1st Falcon) but he still hitting at it pretty hard for being new to the scene. Anyway I wish CaptainsofIndustry luck in purchasing this book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That STT Annual 2 sold for 4,000 dollars. About the equivalent of a 9.0 of either issue you mentioned. So while you might not collect the cross-over appearances, others definately do. Early cross-over books do demand a premium over the surrounding issues, and it's mostly do to the non-title collectors who are looking for that cross-over app. They will of course not sell exactly the same as the regular issue counter-parts but mostly they're somewhat comparable.

And yeh, what's up with that shill bidding going on this auction. That crazy bidder.

Brian

Ya Cap is a board member, but look at bpmcomics, granted his only other purchase is a high grade key (1st Falcon) but he still hitting at it pretty hard for being new to the scene.

bpmcomics = murph0 gossip.gif

4_6_4.gif

And I stand corrected once again, just goes to show you that while there are shillers out there, there are also ppl with numerous accounts as I assume that Murph has more than one Ebay purchase.

I would be interested to hear his thoughts on the Cap 117 purchase a book that I was watching, Murph0 was that one for your personal collection, it doesnt come up to often even as monir keys go, I personally stepped down after $250 I believe. PM or on this thread whichever.