• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those going to conventions....

5 posts in this topic

We've all talked about how some of us are cutting down (or out) the comic convention going this year. But for those of us determined to go, regardless of economic doomsaying, I thought it might be a cool idea for us to say what show we'll be most looking forward to and what artist we are most wanting to get something by there. I'll get us started...

For me, I'm most looking forward to the Emerald City ComiCon. It has steadily been growing the past several years and the guests list is probably the most impressive one they've had yet.

As for the artist I most want something from, that's easy: Brandon "Brando" Peterson. I'd really like to get a nice Green Lantern (Kyle) sketch by him. Ever since I saw his covers on the last storyline of Kyle's GL series, I've been wanting a sketch by him. Hopefully, the goal will be attained this April. :)

So, what about the rest of you? Tells us where and who you are looking to hit up.

I'm pretty sure that Brando doesn't do sketches at shows. Or at least not regularly.

Most of what you see from him (including the one I have) are commissions that he does at home.

I'd try emailing him to find out for sure. Wouldn't want you to show up and be disappointed because you walked away empty handed.

Oh - as for the rest of the thread ...

I'll probably hit Heroes. Sketches aren't as much of a priority for me as they have been in the past. I'm just hoping to get some time to hang out with several of the artists and collectors I call friends.

And maybe walk away with a nice piece from the art auction again.

Brando doesnt "normally" do sketches at shows but if you ask nicely and are persisant you can get one out of him towards the end of a show. I got a Brando Phoenix Skrull sketch at Heroescon (check it out in my CAF gallery) and I had Laura Martin color it in.