• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-man...all rusty?!

4 posts in this topic

I just don't get why this series is simply stuck on the "low" price silver age shelf...apart nº1 and nº55 simply there isn't much to see...

Do you fellas think the up-coming movie treatment might do anything to these poor abandoned comics, 27_laughing.gif?

Not really.....other than Spider-Man and X-Men, all non-key Bronze Marvel issues can be had on the cheap. There are plenty out there for the taking and nothing extraordinary to make them stand out from the crowd. Sure there are exceptions....Miller Daredevil or the occasional single issue demand based on hype, movie release, or osmosis.....

But pretty much all these issues are essentially out there for the collectors in bulk and there's no reason for any of them to dramatically increase in price other than the normal yearly Overstreet bump.

Jim

Trouble is, this was probably the longest period of mediocrity in any Marvel title from the 60's/70's. There is so little of worth in the first 100 odd issues, it's hard to see them ever coming alight.

Trouble is, this was probably the longest period of mediocrity in any Marvel title from the 60's/70's. There is so little of worth in the first 100 odd issues, it's hard to see them ever coming alight.

It depends on the person I guess. I really enjoy a lot of the Iron Man covers from this era. The story lines aren't the best but compared to most comics I've read, no matter what age, the stories aren't the worse.

But, the lack of interest helps a guy like me out because then I can buy these issues on the cheap.