• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you have FF 48 graded in 4.0-4.5 ?

7 posts in this topic

Keep it, sell it raw, or slab it and hold until the FF movie release? confused-smiley-013.gif

Slabbed and auctioned it would bring $105 to $135. Subtract grading and postage costs from that and find a few completed 'raw' auctions to compare it to. Probably not worth it, but I'm not sure what the 'raw' copies are bringing. smile.gif

I have a copy in the 4.0 to 5.0 range and my advise is to LEAVE IT RAW Its nice to read old comics via outlets other than Marvel Masterworks once in a while. In terms of slabbing it to keep it in good condition, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif what did collectors used to do before CGC came along, seems to me that quite a few older books survived in tip top condition before slabbing makepoint.gif

Sorry just that the proliferation of slabbing to the lower grades is a pet peeve of mine. I can tolerate it on the old keys, but I wanna 10_2_5.gif when I think of the possibility of one day seeing slabbed Spawn #1's in 6.0 all over the place.

If you are looking to sell it now then put it on eBay immediately!

The prices are going through the roof this December. foreheadslap.gif

The only auction I've won this month was a BIN.

If you CGC it then you won't get it back until Feb/March and that's a bad time to sell.

If you are looking long term a $100-$125 dollar book, that is a borderline decision.

$25 economy grading fee... confused-smiley-013.gif