• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal question

10 posts in this topic

In the case of an Item not received or significantly not as described claim.

Does it matter if the item is graded by CGC aka a 3rd party, stating item it is in said condtion or will they grant the buyer an automatic refund?

If it didn't arrive, it doesn't matter if it was blessed by the Pope.

If by significantly not as described, you mean the slab was damaged and not disclosed or the comic had received damage after being slabbed, you should be able to return the item for refund. To get the refund you will have to return the item at your expense.

The third party can have an influence if you are saying that CGC's grade was significantly different than described. If you bought a comic in a slab and feel CGC overgrazed, I don't know if Paypal would take your side.

This is more of an inquiry.

I see where some sellers on ebay state (no refunds as item was graded by 3rd party)

So I was wondering, if a buyer dosen't agree with the grade CGC assigned ,files a SNAD -who's side would they take ?

Considering CGC was a 3rd party who certified the grade ,would they side with the seller or do they automatically take the buyers side, no matter what.

I see where some sellers on ebay state (no refunds as item was graded by 3rd party)

So I was wondering, if a buyer dosen't agree with the grade CGC assigned ,files a SNAD -who's side would they take ?

Considering CGC was a 3rd party who certified the grade ,would they side with the seller or do they automatically take the buyers side, no matter what.

Paypal would take the sellers side if nothing was shady. Meaning, if you bought a 9.4 cgc graded FF1 (worship) and you got it in the mail. No tampering to the cgc case, but you happen to think the book is an 8.5 - then you don't have a case. The seller wasn't misrepresenting the book. It came exactly as described.

You have to have a legitimate reason to file a dispute in paypal, what would this one be? You got it and you can't say that it did not come as described...

Now if the listing said FF1 9.8 and you get back a cgc 9.4, or get back nothing at all, then you would have a case.

Secondly, as a seller on ebay, you have the right to decide whether you accept refunds or not on anything, not just slabs. Paypal should only honor a dispute if there is something grossly misrepresented. Because grading is so subjective - I don't think paypal sides with the buyer as long as you recieved the right comic. That's why cgc has become so vital and important to the hobby.

Paypal would take the sellers side.

Paypal would take the sellers side.

Just like the real world, buyer side. PayPal doesn't recognize CGC anymore then John Doe's Comic shop.