• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for valuation and info regarding this pence copy AF15!

8 posts in this topic

I'm posting scans of this book for a friend of mine....he's had this in his collection for several years. I've been looking for solid information on the value of the British editions of some of the early Marvel keys, but it's hard to find. I'm throwing this out to the group in hopes that I can help my friend get an idea of the grade and it's value. I have read that the values of these copies are increasing. A pence for your thoughts, and thanks! cool.gif

AFfront.jpg

AFback.jpg

They go for less than cents copies over here and if anything, the gap has increased in recent years. Never bothers me, but I wouldn't touch a Canadian copy with a barge pole, so it's what you're used to I guess. They are NOT reprints. They were printed at the end of the print run of the original copies and make up 3% of the print run. From that point of view, I guess they might be inferior as presumably the first copies printed have the freshest colours ? I'll leave the value to someone else, but I'd fancy a US copy in the UK to go for a bit overguide and a UK copy in the UK to go for a bit underguide. Your friend should just count himself lucky to own an Amazing Fantasy 15 !

As a general rule,pence copies sell for roughly half to 60% of an American copy. Sometimes more, sometimes less. A pence copy of FF 1 sold last year but I forget te price. That would be your best indicator,IMO. I'm sure someone knows the detals of the sale and will post it.

Book looks nice. A fine plus or better. Is that a tear in the boottom back cover?

Yes, my buddy says it's a small tear....but I'm trying to get him to sign up shortly so he can answer questions directly. He's very appreciative of the responses so far. He will tell you the story of how he acquired the book, when and for how much. wink.gif

As a general rule,pence copies sell for roughly half to 60% of an American copy. Sometimes more, sometimes less. A pence copy of FF 1 sold last year but I forget te price. That would be your best indicator,IMO. I'm sure someone knows the detals of the sale and will post it.

Book looks nice. A fine plus or better. Is that a tear in the boottom back cover?

No way is that a fine plus! Look at the color breaking crease near the bottom right corner! It's a solid VG to VG+....

My pal sez the pages are in great shape, off-white, but I think I have to go with the lower grade, Shield. Still a nice book to have in the collection.

Hey, my 100th post...boy that was quick! hi.gif